User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NAKemp View Post
    being the worry wart that I can be(ocd) I'll do one more check before we take off for the week on friday. and when i talked to the girl at GD a little bit ago, she said that you want to have your trailer not even a little nose up because of the stress that you can put on the rear axel. go figure.
    That's the "party line."

I teased someone on the forum about being OCD a while back. The response was, "I'm not OCD - I'm CDO! It's like OCD but the letters are in the right d@^# order!" I thought it was pretty funny.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    being the worry wart that I can be(ocd) I'll do one more check before we take off for the week on friday. and when i talked to the girl at GD a little bit ago, she said that you want to have your trailer not even a little nose up because of the stress that you can put on the rear axel. go figure.
    Well the 2 axle suspension is supposed to even out the load by design but I did notice the rear tires wore a bit more than the fronts after 8k miles. So I rotated them this summer. Not sure if my new truck, if it ever arrives, will sit the same as the old...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Wow, nice that they are puting the disks and leveling kits on new 295's. We also plan on uping our total spring load to 12k lbs from the 10.2k (overall) factory limited axles. We have added some extra weight like a permanent mounted 16k water softner in the forward storage, 4 point leveling of course, slide toppers, RV Armor roof coating, camping gear, JT stabilizers with angled cross supports, (eventual) 300lb per axle added IS weight, and still want to start bondocking with a full load of fresh water and possible waste.

Right now we run dry and camp with full hookups. But, after all we have and will eventually do, would like the added support. I believe the Morryde IS spring rates can also be adjusted as well, but then you start getting into OEM frame limitations on what the frame can handle, so not sure if going over 12k is worth it.
    no plan on boondocking unless there's a zombie apocalypse, lol. and they are doing just the self leveling. i had the disc upgrade done by a local rv repair shop. do have the 2nd ac and double pane windows along with the 2 solar panels for when we get around to upgrading the old frig to the 12v frig.
    Neil & Diane Kemp
    2023 3500 GMC Sierra SLE with Duramax/Allison
    2022 150 Series 295RL, Disk Brake Conversion Kit, Solar Panels added.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    That's the "party line."

I teased someone on the forum about being OCD a while back. The response was, "I'm not OCD - I'm CDO! It's like OCD but the letters are in the right d@^# order!" I thought it was pretty funny.

Rob
    bwahahahahaha
    Neil & Diane Kemp

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Well the 2 axle suspension is supposed to even out the load by design but I did notice the rear tires wore a bit more than the fronts after 8k miles. So I rotated them this summer. Not sure if my new truck, if it ever arrives, will sit the same as the old...
    have you ever checked to see how level you are when you're hitched and although I don't have that many miles on the trailer yet, rotating the trailers soon probably is not a bad idea.
    Neil & Diane Kemp

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you ever checked to see how level you are when you're hitched and although I don't have that many miles on the trailer yet, rotating the trailers soon probably is not a bad idea.
    Here is a pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20201011_143555.jpg  
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no plan on boondocking unless there's a zombie apocalypse, lol. and they are doing just the self leveling. i had the disc upgrade done by a local rv repair shop. do have the 2nd ac and double pane windows along with the 2 solar panels for when we get around to upgrading the old frig to the 12v frig.
    Agree...... not sure if I want to do the "off road" thing with the trailer. But, DW wants to do it eventually and you know..... happy wife - happy life.

Besides, I have to agree with her that it would be nice to not be surrounded by noisy dogs, kids, and the occasional load camper. Plus have seen a few campers enjoying some very scenic views doing it while camping.

Another note, when we replaced our trailer tires this year, we purchased our new tires from Discount Tire. They do offer free (lifetime of tire) rotation on purchased trailer tires as well. Something to keep in mind on your next set.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Wow, nice that they are puting the disks and leveling kits on new 295's.
    They're putting auto level on, but not disc brakes.

They are still an aftermarket add on for Reflections.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we upgraded to our Ram 2500 4x4 I lifted our GD 260RD 150 series by 3". It now rides level. I made custom blocks to go between the springs and the axles and used longer ubolts. Torqued everything proper. Tows great with 7" between trailer and bed rails. Even wear on tires after 4k.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12