User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Floor and cabinet opening beneath kitchen sink

We have a 2022 Reflection 303RLS fifth wheel and are wondering why the opening through the floor of the island beneath the kitchen sink is wide open to the underbelly when other penetrations are filled in with expanding foam, etc. It's located behind the corner panel cover that partially hides the plumbing that runs between the sink and through the floor. This is a rather sizable opening that also has cutouts to the cabinet exterior on the bottom of that corner.

Is this meant to be left open for furnace return air? If not, is that something we should seal off to prevent the outside environment from affecting the inside environment and to remove a possible rodent entry path?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Brian & Darla Powell
    Two Rivers, WI

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a couple photos to illustrate the cabinet opening we are concerned about...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220827_144830.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	42761Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220827_145039.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	42762

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume those pics are sideways. I have filled all access holes to the underbelly-at least the ones I found- with copper wool and or foam. My furnace returns are in the steps
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't know why the photos ended up sideways after they uploaded to this site. Not the orientation I had them originally and I don't know how to rotate them up on this site. Glad you could make sense of them, however! :-)

That's a great idea on filling them in and there's a good chance our furnace return is on our steps as well. I'll take a closer look at that possibility.

Thanks for the response!