User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Us little Transcend people

I wanted to ask in here from my fellow Transcend people. The reason I am asking in here is in hopes that others may know what I am talking about.

What are you installing to give the RV more stability when parked? I have X-chocks and Valterra RV Stabilizer and I notice the difference but wonder what others are using.

It just seems when I ask here in the other parts of the forums they don't get it sometimes. Yes, our fans tend to not move much air. We can't pull over and just turn on the AC without shore power. One battery, one solar panel. Food in cooler because fridge is too small.

Right now, it is just Wife and I camping until it is time to go full time then we get at larger camper.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the X chocks and valterra stabilizer under the rear bumper and am satisfied with the stability that provides. It's leaps and bounds better than the standard scissor jacks on my Imagine. The other thing I do is don't run my scissor jacks down until they're extended very far. I've built up some wooden pads for them that I use selectively on the jacks with the longest throw for a given site, or if I'm parked broadside into a wind, I put them on the downwind side to help fight back against the gusts better.

I know some folks run two Valterra stabilizers so you get their stabilization in the X and Y directions. I haven't found that to be necessary with the axles locked together but if I were the type who does more than a week at a site, I might consider it. Most of our stays are 1-3 nights so I tend not to go overboard with site setup.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    I use the X chocks and valterra stabilizer under the rear bumper and am satisfied with the stability that provides. It's leaps and bounds better than the standard scissor jacks on my Imagine. The other thing I do is don't run my scissor jacks down until they're extended very far. I've built up some wooden pads for them that I use selectively on the jacks with the longest throw for a given site, or if I'm parked broadside into a wind, I put them on the downwind side to help fight back against the gusts better.

I know some folks run two Valterra stabilizers so you get their stabilization in the X and Y directions. I haven't found that to be necessary with the axles locked together but if I were the type who does more than a week at a site, I might consider it. Most of our stays are 1-3 nights so I tend not to go overboard with site setup.
    That is exactly what we do and it is a bit of improvement. We tend to stay for a week at a time. I am going to look into the bigger blocks too since I think extending them too far is too much.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just DW and I and we just use the stabilizers with wooden blocks under them and whatever leveling blocks I have left. I found, thanks this this forum, that extending the stabilizers past 50% really decreases their effectiveness. I was going to get the xchokes but read that you can bend the axles. Some members use the StrongArm or similar with good results.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I wanted to ask in here from my fellow Transcend people. The reason I am asking in here is in hopes that others may know what I am talking about.

What are you installing to give the RV more stability when parked? I have X-chocks and Valterra RV Stabilizer and I notice the difference but wonder what others are using.

It just seems when I ask here in the other parts of the forums they don't get it sometimes. Yes, our fans tend to not move much air. We can't pull over and just turn on the AC without shore power. One battery, one solar panel. Food in cooler because fridge is too small.

Right now, it is just Wife and I camping until it is time to go full time then we get at larger camper.
    Not a Transcend but once I installed Sumo Springs most of the movement was gone. Also use X-chocks.

Hope this helps.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might seem a little silly but I found that our scissor jacks would loosen and I would re-torque them a bit every couple days. Someone in the forum mentioned the locks (below) and they actually work really good to keep the tension set where you want it. Oh, and we also use x-chocks when staying several days.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/27542978427...bffec4181dded6
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Might seem a little silly but I found that our scissor jacks would loosen and I would re-torque them a bit every couple days. Someone in the forum mentioned the locks (below) and they actually work really good to keep the tension set where you want it. Oh, and we also use x-chocks when staying several days.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/27542978427...bffec4181dded6
    Not silly, I find if I'm parked for 3 or more days that I have to tighten them up a little. Specially on grassy lots.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a Transcend but I went to 5000# scissor jacks in place of the factory jacks. They are longer and definitely were beefier. Then X Chocks and rubber chocks. On gravel we tighten them every couple days.
    Randy and Kris

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jproctor9 View Post
    Not a Transcend but once I installed Sumo Springs most of the movement was gone. Also use X-chocks.

Hope this helps.
    Here is the issue with the sumo springs. Our TT gas line runs along the underside of the frame. Otherwise I would think about it.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    Here is the issue with the sumo springs. Our TT gas line runs along the underside of the frame. Otherwise I would think about it.
    Could you move the gas line or re-route it to allow room for the sumo springs?
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast