User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased one for my Solitude, cost me $3200 and I have had over $5000 worth of repairs done for a nominal $50 deductible.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sspoon View Post
    Which one did you end up choosing?
    I don't recall what the name of the company is...I'll have to check when I go out into the trailer. FYI, I think you can get some really good deals by bypassing the dealer and doing some research. I'm sure I still paid too much for it. Seems it was about $2700 for 7 years. However, one year is covered by Grand Design so I really only got 6 years. If I would have waited till the manufacture warranty was up, it would be a full 7 years.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the no thanks camp. And that is for any extended warranty offers not just for the RV.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I'm in the no thanks camp. And that is for any extended warranty offers not just for the RV.
    I used to be that way too, then I purchased one for my 08 HD. Without a word of a lie it has saved me $50000 - $60000, 2 engines, one transmission, a new frame etc, etc.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sspoon View Post
    Just wondering what is a good extended warranty company? We have a 2022 376THS. TIA
    Extended warranties are a complete waste of money IMO. Ask me how I know For years, I have declined extended warranties offered on anything I buy as it is nothing more than an insurance policy, and of course they make money on insurance policies, which means you lose money. But for some reason, I thought, "oh, spending a lot of money on this RV, want it to last a life time, so it will be worth it." What a mistake. First, the dealer required an annual inspection in order for the extended warranty to remain valid, at a cost of $250 per year!! On top of that, the extended warranty was only honored at the dealer I bought it from, and inspections had to be performed by that same dealer. What a scam. Lastly, extended warranties don't cover the number one thing that every RV eventually faces: roof water leaks and water damage. If something does break, any average do-it-yourselfer can repair some of the things that go wrong, and do it cheaper than the deductible they will charge you (plus gas and time to drive it to the dealer). I have since repaired numerous things myself that were poorly designed and fell apart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a company called Wholesale Warranties. We have had some major repairs and have come out thousands ahead. Just know that many things are not covered.

Big Fry

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's another Wholesale Warranties vote. Very easy to read contract. The RV Techs tell me very easy to work with. Let's just say they say what they do and do what they say. I'd recommend them in a NY minute.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they require annual inspections? If so, not worth it. And can you take your RV to any dealer in the country to get warranty work done? If not, it's useless. Do they cover roof leakage? If not, waste of money

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VicKurt View Post
    Extended warranties are a complete waste of money IMO. Ask me how I know For years, I have declined extended warranties offered on anything I buy as it is nothing more than an insurance policy, and of course they make money on insurance policies, which means you lose money. But for some reason, I thought, "oh, spending a lot of money on this RV, want it to last a life time, so it will be worth it." What a mistake. First, the dealer required an annual inspection in order for the extended warranty to remain valid, at a cost of $250 per year!! On top of that, the extended warranty was only honored at the dealer I bought it from, and inspections had to be performed by that same dealer. What a scam. Lastly, extended warranties don't cover the number one thing that every RV eventually faces: roof water leaks and water damage. If something does break, any average do-it-yourselfer can repair some of the things that go wrong, and do it cheaper than the deductible they will charge you (plus gas and time to drive it to the dealer). I have since repaired numerous things myself that were poorly designed and fell apart.
    Your experience is definitely different than mine, no inspections required, any repair shop (including mobile techs) can do the work and it covers roof leaks and water damage.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No inspections except the initial one prior to doing business with us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast