User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GM buying back my 2020 3500 Chevy one ton

To say I have had issues with my truck would be a under statement. The fuel pump let go and trashed the whole fuel system. They have had it for a second time. Been about a month this time. Anyway they called today and offered to buy my truck back or give me a new one. Not sure what way I’m going to go yet. The question I have is? Can I tow a my m349 with a 3500 short bed non dually? I like my dually, but its so fricking big and it seems so over kill for the size. I would like to have a smaller truck. I won’t do it if it is not safe to do so or if I will hit the cab of my truck turning close to a 90 degree

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The total weight of your M359 and the load in it should be your deciding factor on to accept the replacement truck.

I have a F250 with air bags and an extra leaf in the rear suspension. With my 11,000 lb. (dry) 323BHS, I'm about max'd out for a truck that's supposed to tow 13,200 lbs.

If you're in the 13's, you might be okay--if what you're hauling is not too heavy. But when you get up to those 14,500 lb and heavier fifth wheels, they are worthy of another pair of tires.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Sorry about that issues with your truck. I’ve towed my Reflection 337 with a 2500, 3500 DRW and a 3500 SRW with airbag load levelers. Based on that experience the 3500 SRW and Reflection 337 are a good match. That said, there’s no way I’d put a Momentum behind my 2020 SRW, even with its approximately 4000 lb payload.

BTW Ram does make 6.5 ft bed DRW trucks. I see them occasionally, and I like the look of them.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectphoto View Post
    To say I have had issues with my truck would be a under statement. The fuel pump let go and trashed the whole fuel system. They have had it for a second time. Been about a month this time. Anyway they called today and offered to buy my truck back or give me a new one. Not sure what way I’m going to go yet. The question I have is? Can I tow a my m349 with a 3500 short bed non dually? I like my dually, but its so fricking big and it seems so over kill for the size. I would like to have a smaller truck. I won’t do it if it is not safe to do so or if I will hit the cab of my truck turning close to a 90 degree
    I don't know that I would call a dually for a 17,000 lb. 5th wheel "overkill".
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The listed pin weight on 349M is over 2900 lbs. By the time you load the rig it will probably well over 3200 lbs. So you need a truck with a very high payload capacity.

I just upgraded from a SB to a LB just to get more cargo capacity. My truck's cargo weight sticker is 3,939. I'm pulling a much shorter 5th wheel and I am at near my upper limit.

So I doubt a short bed, that most likely has a lower cargo capacity, is going to like carrying your larger 5th wheel.

I think you don't have much choice but to use a dually if you want to stay safe.

Maybe weigh you rig to get exact pin weight then consider what you want to do.

btw.... that's a pretty good dealership if you didn't have to fight with them for the to offer another truck.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted a long bed but could not find one. Got the short bed and smashed out the back window. Got a slider. To answer your question, I would take the offer to replace your dually - you don't say if it is a long bed. Short bed duallys look dumb IMHO. Just park it out further in the parking lots and take up more space. The extra walking is good for ya!
    2018 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ram BigHorn 3500 CTD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get the Ford and don’t look back

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem here is your on the edge, near or over limits on a SRW, and very comfortable on a DRW truck. You already know the proper answer is dually, but don’t wanna deal with it when not towing. Join the club, we have maybe 150,000 members now ;-)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That depends on the build and door sticker, but yes there are SRW F350 or 3500 that can do it. You need the max payload package, and 5th wheel prep. For my 2022 F350 I got the 11,400 GVW option (max payload available) I just looked at my door sticker 2022 F350 CC King Ranch long bed 12,400 GVW and 4062lb payload capacity.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What fuel pump was it your truck?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast