User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    I've had mine freeze up in 'dry' also but I think my issue is I'm using an RV-Air cut to fit filter in place of the see-through black flimsy one that came in the unit. If I'm using "dry" I try to remember to remove the filter.
    Don’t want to mislead. I don’t run it in dry to cool. I only run it for about an hour that way. It’s in normal AC mode to cool.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Going to run it on 68 high mode tonight as a test run. Hopefully the high mode stops the issue. This has been since day one in this trailer, so maybe a bad unit, idk. But going to test all your solutions and see what I can rule out.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One last thing to look at......

GD starting using the RV Airflow system in the main units.

Take down the inner panel and make sure they took out the diverter. When using the RV Airflow system, you are to remove the diverter, and then the entire filter area is usable.

The quick dumps are not usable with the Rv Airflow airflow system. They would actually become unfiltered air inlets if they are open.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Our main A/C in the living room is freezing up when put to 68 Low, it happens every time, and air doesn't feel 68 when normally coming out of it. After it freezes up, we put it on Fan and it blows ice chunks and drips water through the vents. is this normal?
    You probably know this but here goes.

Thermostat temperature setting does not adjust the cold air output temp of the AC. It adjusts the target temp where the AC will shut off when reached. Cold air blowing from the vents should be around 20 degrees below trailer temp.

Example. If it’s 95 degrees in the trailer and the AC is set for either 90 or 68 the output cold air will be the same, around 75 degrees.

A properly functioning AC will cool the air between 18-20 degrees. So if it’s 95 in the trailer the cold air should be around 75 degrees or so as long as the thermostat is set 1 degree below trailer temp.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a previous trailer that the A/C would freeze up. I found that running the fan on "continuous", not auto, would prevent freezing. I've done that with every A/C since and have never had an issue. I have no clue if this helps or not. I just like to keep the air circulating.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used to have this issue occasionally.

(1) Clean your filter often. We wash/dry monthly. More frequent when on the road.
    (2) Check coils monthly and clean if needed.
    (3) We keep our RV plugged in with AC set to 84 degrees when parked in the driveway.
    (4) We run a small dehumidifier throughout the summer, even when parked in the driveway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought a Furrion AC for our camper after I bought it I found out the same problem everyone else has freezing up what I found out today was pull the Temperature sensor down and put it through the air filter just a small hole will do then leave the cover off it has worked all day without freezing up give it a try

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12