User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
    Replaced mattress in my 2021 22MLE with a queen Nectar which weighs fifty-four (54) pounds. Considerably heavier than the POS mattress GD provided. Will a ninety (90) to one hundred (100) pound rated strut suffice or do I need to increase? Thanks for any help.
    We bought our 2022 22MLE XLS in August of 21, and we did the same with that flimsy [inappropriate abbreviation removed] GDRV gave with the trailer, so we bought an 10” Queen-sized cooling mattress, and it came rolled in plastic and a box. Cut the plastic, rolled the mattress out and it started to expand. Yes, it weighs more, but we have had no issues so far.
    Last edited by Second Chance; 09-03-2022 at 06:20 AM. Reason: inappropriate abbreviation removed
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replaced my stock struts on my Imagine 2150RB with these. Fit stock brackets perfect. Now very easy lift and stay up without having to hold. 10 min. To install.
    https://www.amazon.com/ARANA-C16-080..._1662245903175
    Last edited by traveldawg; 09-04-2022 at 03:12 PM. Reason: released from moderation due to new user entering a URL reference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We replaced our mattress with a 12-13 inch queen Beautyrest that was much heavier than the original. Lifting up the mattress and lid for the underbed storage area became quite an effort for me to pick up and impossible for my 5' 95 lb wife. I saw another post with the link to new struts that the poster used and so we purchased them too. They worked perfectly for us. Popped the old struts off and snapped these in their place. Now my wife can easily lift the storage cover and mattress with one hand. I was worried the 150 lb strut would be too much pressure for the old mounting brackets but they have held for about 18 months without issue. BTW. However with the new thicker mattress my wife needs a stool to get in and out of the bed. 😀

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BE...b_b_asin_title

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a stick! One item I scavenged from my Grandfathers passing was his yard stick. Not the flimsy quarter inch by three feet yard stick, this antique is a hardwood tapered yard stick. It starts at 13/16” square at one end and tapers to 9/16’ at the other. You can even see the tree rings in the large end. After I lift the new and heavy mattress and deck, I use the yard stick to prop up the deck until I’m done rummaging under the bed. Yard stick then goes back in the closet and waits for next use.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, you still need to lift the mattress first. The struts assist in the lift process for us old weak folks!
    Terry Leek
    2022 Solitude 346 RLS
    2019 Ram 3500, Diesel, short bed, 4x4

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the king upgrade, so the struts never worked, and are even worse now that we upgraded to a real memory foam mattress. Clocks in around 90 pounds, so we will be upgrading those struts for sure.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just got a new 337 (with King bed) and added a topper that made it nearly impossible to lift and hold up the bed. I tracked down the specs on the OEM struts by the label on them (www.lavanture.com) and found out they were 20" struts rated at 80 lbs with 8mm ball sockets. I went on Amazon and found 20"/100#/8mm struts and bought them. Now the bed lifts easy and stays up, however changing the sheets and slightly lifting the mattress, the plywood wants to come up too (not a big deal). I bought:

C1608054 20" Gas Prop Spring Strut 20 inch 100 Lb Per Shock C16-08054 for Camper Shell RV Bed Tonneau Cover Storage Box Basement Door Floor Hatch Window Lift Struts (Applicable Lid Weight 85-110LBs), Visit the ARANA Store, 4.5 out of 5 stars, 3,288 ratings, 271 answered questions, #1 Best Seller in Automotive Replacement Shock Lift Supports, $25.99/pair, Size: 20 inch, Style: 100 LB

I hope this helps!
    Brad & Debbie
    2023 Reflection 337RLS
    formerly had 2019 Imagine 2500RL
    2020 Ford F250 4x4 Lariat 6.7L Diesel
    looking to upgrade to F350!
    Happily "retired" campers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123