User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide floor damage in one corner.

In the pictures I attached, you can see that the floor in one corner has separated from the side wall of the slide. The plastic piece, that it appears to slide on, has become a little mangled and broken. The slide will operate ok and have had no problems with water or leaking. This slide runs slower than the driver side slide but I figured that is due to this slide being bigger. Has anyone seen this before or have a good guess what went wrong or what could have caused this problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails front_end.jpg   front_side_view.jpg  
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2018 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab Standard Bed Duramax
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saguido View Post
    In the pictures I attached, you can see that the floor in one corner has separated from the side wall of the slide. The plastic piece, that it appears to slide on, has become a little mangled and broken. The slide will operate ok and have had no problems with water or leaking. This slide runs slower than the driver side slide but I figured that is due to this slide being bigger. Has anyone seen this before or have a good guess what went wrong or what could have caused this problem?
    My guess is a big bump caused it. These trailers aren't as rugged as we think.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty common. It has to do with the fact that there is NO support to the slide floor when the slides are retracted. That's why you should not walk on or load the slides when not fully extended. Easy enough fix, usually, by jacking up the floor and putting new and more screws in through the side wall into the floor. Those screws are the only thing holding up floor when slide is retracted.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big OMG to this reply. I read about staying off the slide when it is retracted...now it is clear why. I'm also amazed that it is those little screws holding it together. I suspected that but then I thought...no way. It seems they were just to hold on the strip that covers the seam. That would also explain all the sealer also that must be there to help hold it together.
    Thank you for the prompt response.
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screws in the side trim either broke or pulled out.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big OMG to this reply. I read about staying off the slide when it is retracted...now it is clear why. I'm also amazed that it is those little screws holding it together. I suspected that but then I thought...no way. It seems they were just to hold on the strip that covers the seam. That would also explain all the sealer also that must be there to help hold it together.
    Thank you for the prompt response.
    There could be other reasons this happened. Perhaps water intrusion weakening the wood
    My fridge loaded with food isn’t light and it is in my slide. No issues yet. Maybe they reinforce it more when a fridge is involved but unlikely
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This slide has 2 recliners and a table with chairs (see the 295RL layout). I suspect someone stepped on the corner when trying to get to the back of the trailer without extending the slide. I'm not sure how the plastic piece got so mangled. I also noticed the other side is about an inch off the floor, where this side of course is almost on the floor, but the middle edge is pretty much on the floor, which means the ends are up and the middle sags. Would that be correct?
    B&W Companion Hitch