User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll never chance it. There’s a lot of Po0p (scientific formula of waste) force in that flow.

I provide the boards, the park has the weight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D891281A-671E-4F2D-A4E5-1E3B4F02DAC7.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	42901
    Randy and Kris

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have taken pictures. Our first trip the pipe was over a foot out of the ground. The second trip it came out of the ground at a 45 degree angle. I just cut up some 6x6 and that will help hold it down.

I don't think the little orange camper or piggy would help in either situation. I am hoping that we just got unlucky with the hookups.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve been using two large zip lock bags( double bag) full of sand for many years to hold down the sanitary elbow. It comes in very handy!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a pair of tall heavy wool socks at Goodwill and filled one about halfway with crushed rock from my campsite, tied it off with a zip tie and then filled the other half and zip tied it too. That worked great but the sharp edges eventually cut through the wool. So I took the other sock and went to a bulk landscape supplier that carried 1/4" pea gravel and used that. They didn't even charge me for the gravel.
    Bob & Leone--fulltime 6/2015
    2020 Momentum 276TH w/2011 Harley FLHTK
    2022 F-550 Super Cab Lariat 4X4 6.7 191.5"WB GCWR 43K
    Diamond Mfg. custom service body w/30K Comfort Ride hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonDriver View Post
    For me one of the trickiest elements of getting ready to hit the road is how to hold the drain pipe in place at the dump station.
    Some sites we've visited have rocks that you have to precariously balance ... others have some kind of a metal cover that end up holding one edge of your pipe. Every time I end up pulling the tank valve then making a dash to the business end of the pipe to hold it place with my foot.

Then I came up with this ... it's a simple boat anchor, the type that has two "wings." The sides straddle the slinky perfectly and allow me to securely hold the tube in position. The photo shows the result AFTER I dumped all three tanks. Nice, clean, and dry - ready for the next camper!
    I have one of these:

Camco 39319 Flexible 3-in-1 Sewer Hose Seal with RhinoExtreme Hose and Handle- Flexible Fitting Makes Connection to a Sewer Inlet Simple and Less Hands On!, Black, Standard https://a.co/d/eoByVnR

Works great!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest issue is taking a shower when the crappy black water flush hose at dump site cones apart from mine. Even while using a coipler with tightening clasps.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to think I have a very simple solution to holding down the hose. Two of the 4x6s that I carry for jacking and jack/stabilizer blocking have eyebolts in the sides. I carry a light piece of chain with chain splices on it. I chain the two blocks together with the chain, adjusting as needed, to hold the hose down. Two 12” 4x6s is plenty of weight to hold the hose down, and the only extra weight in the trailer is the eyebolts and the chain.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happens if you need the 4x6's for both blocking and jacking, and for the sewer hose hold downs?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    What happens if you need the 4x6's for both blocking and jacking, and for the sewer hose hold downs?
    Hasn’t happened yet, but it might. Seldom as I’ve needed the hose weight, the advantage of not needing to carry something else is worth it for the weight and space saving. Worst case, the chain could be looped around a couple of pieces of firewood to get the job done.

That little section of chain is pretty handy to carry. Have used it to fix a broken chair and to tie back an unruly holly tree that was in the way just this year.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123