User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic Toilet Specs

Hi everyone,

I've done more research on RV toilets than I ever thought I would. The foot pedal on our Thetford Aqua Magic fell off about two months ago, and while we try to snap it back into place, it doesn't stay on for more than a few uses and then it falls off again. My husband and I are looking to install a Dometic 310 since it seems like a nicer toilet in general.

In all of the forums, blog posts, and YouTube videos that I've reviewed, it seems as if the Dometic 310 fits in the Solitude, Reflection, and Momentum models. But I haven't come across anyone who has installed a Dometic 310 in a 2019 Imagine 2670MK.

I have the specs for the toilet, and it looks like it may be a tough fit as our current toilet is a bit off-set in the corner of the bathroom.

Does anyone have measurements of the back part of the seat/lid (the part that would be flush to the wall)? Also, it seems as if we'll need 11" from the bolts to the back of the toilet. But does 11"measurement go all of the way to the wall or is there some wiggle room there?

I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks so much!

Catherine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: We successfully installed a Dometic 310. Luckily there was flexibility to swivel the toilet just a bit to the left (before bolting it down) so that it fit perfectly in the corner of our bathroom. We love that the toilet feels like a "real" toilet and that it's so quiet. We are very happy with our purchase.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the readers still using their Thetford, I had this same failure on another TT at the two years of use mark. Once I got the pedal back on (lining up the exposed spring and valve levers is a chore), I used a strap wrapped around the pedal and toilet base to hold the pedal in place. The problem with the Thetford is simply this. The pedal snaps into place. It’s held by a raised plastic ring on the pedal that snaps into a groove in the plastic toilet base. Over time the plastic ring wears away and the pedal falls off. I also used the 310 for a corner install and it just fit. The 320 is too big I believe. I replaced the Thetford in our Imagine with the 310 before we had a failure. 310 has better seat - solid wood and silent close), and better flushing action.
    Last edited by Rabbit; 09-27-2022 at 05:36 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My pedal fell off my Telford toilet .
    Has anyone put one of the 310 domestic in a reflection series fifth wheel ?
    Thanks
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pnoetzel View Post
    My pedal fell off my Telford toilet .
    Has anyone put one of the 310 domestic in a reflection series fifth wheel ?
    Thanks
    Pretty sure the answer is yes. We put a 310 in our prior TT and it was a pretty easy swap. Dometic has a template with the required clearances, just be sure to do your measurements before ordering.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One often overlooked instal parameter is water inlet location. Thetford and Dometic water inlets don’t match up. If your supply line is rigid, I’d use a 1’ braided hose with 1/2” threaded IP ends to adapt from the supply line to the new toilet inlet (I could only find these with female ends, so you may also need a 1/2” short nipple to adapt one end). If you have a flexible line you most likely will be able to bend it enough to mate with the new inlet.