User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Worst I have ever had with my Ecoboost gasser was 3-4 mpg across South Dakota to the Badlands. When we could get cell service, I started searching for Rapid City Ford dealers. Got to our campground at the Badlands. By late evening the winds had calmed, and after unhitching I took the truck out for a highway drive to Wall. Yep, unloaded it boomed up to 22 mpg. The rest of the trip, it was around 8.5-9. It was just that windy that first day....
    EcoORboost. I love mine, but when those turbos are spooled up it's thirsty.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    EcoORboost. I love mine, but when those turbos are spooled up it's thirsty.
    True. Years ago we took our 5th with it to Gulf State Park in Alabama. The last day it went into wrench/limp mode. Made it to the CG, but very slowly - no acceleration especially pulling 8000 lbs. Next day took it to the local Ford dealer (1 hr away). It accelerated slower than my old Plymouth Reliant, but after a couple of miles was able to get it up to 60 mph on the freeway. The great news - mpg was reported to be 53 mpg!!! Many hours later a replaced wiring harness had it back to its old self. With the old mpg, also.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    True. Years ago we took our 5th with it to Gulf State Park in Alabama. The last day it went into wrench/limp mode. Made it to the CG, but very slowly - no acceleration especially pulling 8000 lbs. Next day took it to the local Ford dealer (1 hr away). It accelerated slower than my old Plymouth Reliant, but after a couple of miles was able to get it up to 60 mph on the freeway. The great news - mpg was reported to be 53 mpg!!! Many hours later a replaced wiring harness had it back to its old self. With the old mpg, also.
    If you like your 12, you'll love the newer ones. I went from a 13 to an 18 and between the improvements made to the injection, and the 10 speed, it's a beast!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just completed about 7500 miles towing: FL to CO and now in CT.
    Total fuel economy including our non towing excursions is 15.5 hand calculated (not reading the number off the "lie o meter").
    I'm very pleased with that. I was expecting more like 12.
    Of course, I'm the slow guy as I prefer to tow at 56-58 mph on the expressways.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did a 2500 mile trip from VA to NY, VT, NH and ME with our 2250 RK (full fresh water tank, total weight around 6700 lbs) pulling with a 22 Ram 3500 CCSB, Hemi with 4:10 gears. We ran 68-70 mph most of the time averaging 9-9.5 mpg depending on the terrain (mountains, small roads, ect). I was happy with the mpgs and the Hemi had no issues with the mountains never having to go over 3800 rpm, and never felt I needed more power.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the great replies!
    2021 GD 31MB; 2022 F350 Rapid Red, Lariat Ultimate Package, CCSB, 4x4, 6.7 Powerstroke, B&W 20K Patriot slider

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345