User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the “S” word motor screw

In anticipation of someday needing to pop the motor off on my Schwintek. I wonder if the motor locking screw is on the inside or outside on my 2021 312 BHTS. Does anyone know?

And. A second question. If the screw is on the outside and the slide is retracted, how do you get to the screw?

Conversely, If the screw is on the inside and the slide is extended . . . Same question.

Thanks.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    In anticipation of someday needing to pop the motor off on my Schwintek. I wonder if the motor locking screw is on the inside or outside on my 2021 312 BHTS. Does anyone know?

And. A second question. If the screw is on the outside and the slide is retracted, how do you get to the screw?

Conversely, If the screw is on the inside and the slide is extended . . . Same question.

Thanks.
    Just had a thread on this. Screw it outside, top, where motors are. Have to peel weatherstripping back. Only need to pop motors if in a box is twisted and in a bind. Otherwise, you pull the harnesses off the controller and the motors will freewheel so you can brute force in/out evenly.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. That is exactly what I needed. Great Forum.

BYW after 18 months and 15 k miles, the Schwintek slide has worked flawlessly.

Just want to be knowledgeable.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone tell me where the Schwintek controller is for a 2017 Reflection 337RLS?
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Can anyone tell me where the Schwintek controller is for a 2017 Reflection 337RLS?
    I don't know for your specific model but they are well hidden. Ours is under one of our dinette bench.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the great joys of ownership is the glorious hunt for the Schwintek controller. Ahh. So much fun. Perhaps under the drawers in the outside kitchen. Or maybe under the bathroom sink. Or how about that place behind the panel in the basement. And there is always the dinette. So many places to hide it. I heard Netflix was considering a new mystery series. Do you want to borrow my magnifying glass and Sherlock hat. Enjoy the journey.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    On my Solitude 5th wheel, it is on the back wall of the front (battery) compartment. Near the top center. The Level up (jack) controller/sensor is mounted on the ceiling near by. Here is a picture of my Schwintek controller:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9279.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	42822

Rob @Second Chance had a 337. Perhaps he can verify the location.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 09-01-2022 at 06:31 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    On my Solitude 5th wheel, it is on the back wall of the front (battery) compartment. Near the top center. The Level up (jack) controller/sensor is mounted on the ceiling near by. Here is a picture of my Schwintek controller:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9279.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	42822

Rob @Second Chance had a 337. Perhaps he can verify the location.

Chris
    I never had problems with that in our 337, so I never went looking for it. Alternate response: if I did know where it was, I will plead memory issues due to age. Sorry.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On 5th wheels it is usually in the front storage compartment mounted to the over head right next to the leveling system controller like someone said. On a travel trailer they seem to hide them where ever. When we had our Imagine 2950 it was in the bathroom towel cabinet behind a false panel.

You can read all the horror stores people have posted about the Schwintek system. Rightly so because if it screws up it can be a bear to deal with. I assume you are thinking about the motor holding screw coming out as some owners have experienced, letting the motor turn and yanking breaking the wire harness.

Brute force trying to move a schwintek, depending on its size would not be an easy task. If stuck out and you have to shove it in, then you would have to block it in to keep it from falling / moving back out. I was always concerned about it with our Imagine 2950, but while we had the Imagine neither one (dining or kitchen) messed up. The larger and heaver the slide the more prone they are to have problems, I think that is why on the 2970 went to the rack for the kitchen slide, big and heavy slide.

For our Solitude, its on the bedroom slide, much smaller and depending on what you have stored under the bed, it can be lighter. But boy is it a lot higher up in the air and the last option brute forcing that slide in or out could be a real PITA. I would try over riding the controller first to move it. So far with either of our coaches, we have never had a problem with them, knock on wood! We always hold down on the button after the slide is fully in our out, count to 5 and then release it. Helps keeping the motors in sync.
    I just used dry lube PTFE on ours.

But then again I see these huge RVs, usually motorhomes, with their super slides using racks to move them, they would be prone to failure as well. In my mind those slides are way too big, long and heavy.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 09-02-2022 at 07:04 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slides used in high end coaches are a far, far, far different animal than anything Lippert owns! Once you see how Liberty Coach or SpaceCraft makes them, all becomes clear. Lol

Best thing you can do for a Schwintek when it fails, rebuild with a Vroom and not worry about it again. Problem is making the trip to them, but it is a superior solution.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast