User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pull out kitchen worth it?

Now looking at a 310gk and am wondering if the the pull out kitchen is worth it loosing some of the basement storage?

Also is the sleeper sofa comfortable since I would be traveling with my handicapped adult brother-in-law?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, no one can determine if it's worth it but you. Would you use it? Would you use the storage space more? Which is more important? When do you travel most? Will you be traveling in weather that would allow you to use the outside kitchen conveniently? Personally I have desire for an outdoor kitchen, that's why they built houses.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
    Now looking at a 310gk and am wondering if the the pull out kitchen is worth it loosing some of the basement storage?

Also is the sleeper sofa comfortable since I would be traveling with my handicapped adult brother-in-law?
    I wouldn't want to give up any storage in our 310GK. We find a Brookstone Grill to be adequate for our out door cooking.

As far as Pull-outs go, this one is probably better than most. The surface is flat and the bed is very sturdy. Our 10 year old Grand child sleeps comfortably. I would think that a memory foam topper would make an adult more comfortable, especially if they are sleeping on it for more than a few nights in a row.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We passed on that option. It takes up too much room. When we cook out we just use a portable table and/or the sites picnic table.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We removed the mini fridge in ours and sold it. We use the space for storage.
    17 inch Blackstone on picnic table works fine for us.
    BUT, as @Hoopy Frood said, it is your decision and how you want to
    use YOUR facilities.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just took delivery of a 310GK-R. I specifically avoided the pull out kitchen, for us and the way we travel and camp, it doesn’t work.

Pros, it’s great to cook messy and smelly stuff outside. Having additional workspace is nice, and a sink… but it’s not that big

Cons, you give up a very significant amount of basement storage, which is abundant in the 310. When the kitchen is deployed, you can’t close the basement door, which was a deal breaker for me.

The 310 has a great cooking space inside. In less space than the outdoor kitchen takes up, I carry a 22” Blackstone and a set of legs that works well, as well as a small adjustable table, probably going to add a small pellet smoker or grill… I just need to add a propane quick disconnect on the curb side.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife was interested in the pull-out kitchen option when we ordered our 310GK-R. As others have said, we decided that it would take up way too much of the basement for the amount of use it would get and the way we cook. Turns out that was the correct choice for us. We use every inch of the basement (and front compartment) for storage - the pull-out kitchen would have been removed pretty quickly had we ordered it. We have a portable induction plate for cooking outside when we want to (rarely). Of course, if you're not full-timers and really do the "camping" thing, it may be different for you.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m still a workin stiff, so we do the traditional weekend warrior camping only, and I love nothing more than a cold microbrew( yes - I come by my username honestly)while watching the meat cook on the barbecue, so the outside kitchen does seem to have appeal. In bear country, our typical spots, the strict rule is all cook gear has to be put back in the unit, so a a slide in put away is appealing. Not a fan of the loss of space and the exterior fridge has even less appeal than the exterior shower(it’s bad enough my wife has to see me naked). It’s a tough one - as we consider the big upgrade.
    Last edited by 1BEERFAN; 09-02-2022 at 09:01 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    My wife was interested in the pull-out kitchen option when we ordered our 310GK-R. As others have said, we decided that it would take up way too much of the basement for the amount of use it would get and the way we cook. Turns out that was the correct choice for us. We use every inch of the basement (and front compartment) for storage - the pull-out kitchen would have been removed pretty quickly had we ordered it. We have a portable induction plate for cooking outside when we want to (rarely). Of course, if you're not full-timers and really do the "camping" thing, it may be different for you.

Rob
    Rob, I would also be looking at the same truck / specs you have. What is your payload rating? Pin weight?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, I would also be looking at the same truck / specs you have. What is your payload rating? Pin weight?
    My truck is a 2012 model, which makes it 11 years old, now (with only 64,000 miles on it at this point). The new trucks are considerably more capable. I use actual CAT scale weights, in addition to ratings, to determine what actual payloads are. This offsets for the weight of the hitch, occupants, truck box and contents (in my case), and anything else that didn't come in the truck from the factory. That said, the ratings on my 2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat are:

GVWR 13,300 (scales at 8,740 for a difference of 4,560)
    GAWR RR 9,000 (scales at 3,880 for a difference of 5,120)

The last time we ran everything across the scales, the trailer came in at 15,400 lbs. total with 3,320 lbs. of that on the pin.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast