User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    My truck is a 2012 model, which makes it 11 years old, now (with only 64,000 miles on it at this point). The new trucks are considerably more capable. I use actual CAT scale weights, in addition to ratings, to determine what actual payloads are. This offsets for the weight of the hitch, occupants, truck box and contents (in my case), and anything else that didn't come in the truck from the factory. That said, the ratings on my 2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat are:

GVWR 13,300 (scales at 8,740 for a difference of 4,560)
    GAWR RR 9,000 (scales at 3,880 for a difference of 5,120)

The last time we ran everything across the scales, the trailer came in at 15,400 lbs. total with 3,320 lbs. of that on the pin.

Rob
    Thank you for that detail.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer portable gas grill and blackstone rather than a pull-out kitchen. Prefer to cook away from the rig particularly with greasy or smokey items. Carry a 20 lb propane tank which gives flexibility where I cook, plus having the spare propane is a plus.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good points. All in all - I wonder if the exterior kitchen is destined for extinction?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pull out kitchen worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by 1BEERFAN View Post
    Good points. All in all - I wonder if the exterior kitchen is destined for extinction?
    I think there are still lots of folks who like it for the convenience factor. While I don’t prefer it, my wife said she does, just learned that.

For me it is the Blackstone the grill and the Coleman for stuff like pasta or sauces. But the element of a fridge and sink are nice too. I also like to set up based on where we are at the time.

With my setup and going back and forth is what I use my grown kids or my grand kids for…lol

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m definitely researching the blackstone grill. A lot of positive comments on it. I guess the exterior kitchen usage would be very relevant to how many campers are in the unit. I have this notion that I’d one microbrew flying around in it as we hit the road- not to mention the futility of that concept- of a fridge for one beer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my three cents worth (inflation, you know)
    As far as the pull-out kitchen: When we bought our used rig the previous owner had rigged up a pull-out kitchen and we thought it was really cool! After two years of packing around it and never using the fool thing even once I removed it and it's currently stowed in the back of the garage. I may try to rebuild it in a slimmer fashion but I'm REALLY enjoying the unencumbered space!

As for the jack-knife bed: We've used ours with two grand-kids (10 and 12) and our 40 yr-old son. Thumbs down from all three of them. I'm currently remaking the whole system so I can get a COMFORTABLE queen-sized sleeper. When I get it done I'll post it in mods.
    Pam and Doug
    2017 F350 (the Dragon) with 2015 GD Ref 337RLS (the Dragon's Tail)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great input from everyone. I am still a ways from ordering my 5th wheeler as I have to get my dually ordered first. Hershey PA has an RV show starting next week so the wife and I will be heading out there to window shop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12