User Tag List

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bob View Post
    Well if the grid's down, you ain't pumping gas (unless you have it in cans).
    Not necessarily.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    The average doesn’t matter. There still will be tens of millions that need to drive way more than the capacity of an EV
    Exactly. Using "average" as a baseline is trying to cram everyone in to one scenario. Doesn't work that way.

2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I'd be shocked is 10% of new Tesla buyers actually save enough in gas to make the purchase worth it vs a comparable luxury car. Maybe by the time the 2nd owner gets it, enough depreciation has hit to make it pencil out.
    I tell people the same thing when they see me use my truck as a daily driver and ask, "Why not get a more efficient car to drive?" After cost of purchase, license fee (Oh God the CA License fees), additional maintenance, it just doesn't pencil.

2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Not necessarily.
    Well I can only speak for my State where I've experienced a couple three hurricanes in my time and that is the very reason people go nuts waiting in line to top off their tanks when they think a cane is going to hit. Gas pumps here are electric.

Now should the station owner opt to have a big generator out back, maybe but my experience says no.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are going to cost me $$$$$$.

Today I test drove a Tesla Model Y. It has a 300 mile range. The test drive process is you simply make a reservation online for a test drive. When you arrive they make a copy your driver license, hand you the credit card “key”, tell where the demo car is parked in the mall lot and say come back in less than an hour. They let you take it on your own without a sales rep riding with you.

We put about 20 miles on it. City and highway roads. It’s a very impressive car. Comfortable and VERY fast. It’s full of technology.

We had a deposit on a Model 3 when it was first announced, but after a test drive I concluded it was too cramped for my “larger” physique so walked away from the deal.

I’m now home after the Model Y test drive. I intend on ordering it online, just like I order Amazon stuff. Delivery is expected December-April. If it comes in December I’ll delay it to January assuming the new tax credit applies to the Model Y.

The Tesla will likely replace our hybrid 2015 Lexus RX450h. Tesla only offers auction value so if trade offer is exceptionally low I’ll sell it on my own. It’s mint with only 25,000 miles on it so in that price range it will go fast.

I don’t have range anxiety with the Model Y, with the 300 miles of range and the Huge Tesla supercharger network for road trips. I already have 50a/240v 14-50r connections and EVSEs for charging at home and at the cabin. The 300 mile range will allow me to do the 240 mile around trip from home to cabin without charging. The Leaf with its 225 mile range required charge at both ends.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    For once, this forum is saving me money. I haven't seen one compelling argument to get one.

2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bob View Post
    Well I can only speak for my State where I've experienced a couple three hurricanes in my time and that is the very reason people go nuts waiting in line to top off their tanks when they think a cane is going to hit. Gas pumps here are electric.

Now should the station owner opt to have a big generator out back, maybe but my experience says no.
    Don't need one out back, just on call.

2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post

Today I test drove a Tesla Model Y. It has a 300 mile range. The test drive process is you simply make a reservation online for a test drive. When you arrive they make a copy your driver license, hand you the credit card “key”, tell where the demo car is parked in the mall lot and say come back in less than an hour. They let you take it on your own without a sales rep riding with you.

We put about 20 miles on it. City and highway roads. It’s a very impressive car. Comfortable and VERY fast. It’s full of technology.

We had a deposit on a Model 3 when it was first announced, but after a test drive I concluded it was too cramped for my “larger” physique so walked away from the deal.

I’m now home after the Model Y test drive. I intend on ordering it online, just like I order Amazon stuff. Delivery is expected December-April. If it comes in December I’ll delay it to January assuming the new tax credit applies to the Model Y.

The Tesla will likely replace our hybrid 2015 Lexus RX450h. Tesla only offers auction value so if trade offer is exceptionally low I’ll sell it on my own. It’s mint with only 25,000 miles on it so in that price range it will go fast.

I don’t have range anxiety with the Model Y, with the 300 miles of range and the Huge Tesla supercharger network for road trips. I already have 50a/240v 14-50r connections and EVSEs for charging at home and at the cabin. The 300 mile range will allow me to do the 240 mile around trip from home to cabin without charging. The Leaf with its 225 mile range required charge at both ends.
    Congratulations, I think you are going to love it.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Until a needed battery replacement
    That’s a familiar cry. When we bought our first hybrid the first question from people was how much does the battery replacement cost? Our 2005 Toyota Prius went to my Brother in law when we replaced it. 17 years and 200,000 miles later he finally gave it up. The only maintenance, other than oil changes, was the 12 volt battery twice, one set of brake linings and wiper blades.

The battery at 17 years needed replacing and he was quoted $1200 to swap it out so he let it go.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    For once, this forum is saving me money. I haven't seen one compelling argument to get one.
    Exactly. Plus I don’t have 100k lying around
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast