User Tag List

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    That’s a familiar cry. When we bought our first hybrid the first question from people was how much does the battery replacement cost? Our 2005 Toyota Prius went to my Brother in law when we replaced it. 17 years and 200,000 miles later he finally gave it up. The only maintenance, other than oil changes, was the 12 volt battery twice, one set of brake linings and wiper blades.

The battery at 17 years needed replacing and he was quoted $1200 to swap it out so he let it go.
    Not what they are now and will be as production will need to be ramped up and quality will fall and costs will go up with this forced push to EV
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s a familiar cry. When we bought our first hybrid the first question from people was how much does the battery replacement cost? Our 2005 Toyota Prius went to my Brother in law when we replaced it. 17 years and 200,000 miles later he finally gave it up. The only maintenance, other than oil changes, was the 12 volt battery twice, one set of brake linings and wiper blades.

The battery at 17 years needed replacing and he was quoted $1200 to swap it out so he let it go.
    On the other side of the battery replacement, my daughter just had her 2013 hybrid in for service and was told that her "throw away car" had hit is limit on the battery. She was quoted a price of $10K for battery replacement and they told her the car was not worth the replacement costs and that is why they referred to it as a "throw away car".

I am not a huge fan of the EV's for my lifestyle. Both Jerryr and SolarPowered are big proponents of the EV's but they are both owners of big diesel trucks and are three vehicle families. If an EV fits into your lifestyle then it probably is a good deal. But for those of us that do not have the resources, or the inclination, to own three vehicles, and the EV will not tow my rv for a four hour drive to get to a campground then I "love" my diesel truck and will continue to drive it as long as possible.

I can see the possible advantages of the EV's but am one who will have to wait to see the needed upgrades to the infrastructure to make it the best choice for the masses before I will truly be sold on one.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Exactly. Plus I don’t have 100k lying around
    There we go. $100k will buy 3 brand new Nissan Leafs.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There we go. $100k will buy 3 brand new Nissan Leafs.
    Huh?? I said don’t have 100 k
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    On the other side of the battery replacement, my daughter just had her 2013 hybrid in for service and was told that her "throw away car" had hit is limit on the battery. She was quoted a price of $10K for battery replacement and they told her the car was not worth the replacement costs and that is why they referred to it as a "throw away car".
    Send your daughter this link. https://hybridbattery911.com/
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh?? I said don’t have 100 k
    You don’t have to buy any, no less 3. But you can get one new EV for as low as $21k. I’m guessing that’s about 1/2 of what you paid for your RV
    Jerry & Linda

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electric F-150 Lightning -- Our Weekend Test Drive

You don’t have to buy any, no less 3. But you can get one new EV for as low as $21k. I’m guessing that’s about 1/2 of what you paid for your RV
    In Canada a leaf is 44k and there isn’t any. The nearest dealer is outside of the range of the car anyway even if they did have them
    My Golf was 20k and gets 5liters per hundred
    But why bring up my RV?
    I need my RV. Why do I need an EV?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Canada a leaf is 44k and there isn’t any. The nearest dealer is outside of the range of the car anyway even if they did have them
    My Golf was 20k and gets 5liters per hundred
    But why bring up my RV?
    I need my RV. Why do I need an EV?
    Fair enough, but I never said you NEED an EV.

If I were in your situation I would feel the same. Your Golf at 46 mpg (Usg) is a good choice especially being that least expensive Canadian purchased EV is 2x the cost of a US Nissan Leaf.

Well, I ordered my Tesla Model Y tonight after speaking with a friend who has owned his Model Y for almost a year.

He has 15,000 miles on it and he’s never charged at a public charging station. He said he wouldn’t even know how to use a public charging station. He has 60 amp outlets installed at his 2 homes and his office and at his cabin he uses his dryer outlet to charge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BFA5E5D7-6373-41A6-B314-9D5B5E15204A.jpeg  
    Jerry & Linda

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough, but I never said you NEED an EV.

If I were in your situation I would feel the same. Your Golf at 46 mpg (Usg) is a good choice especially being that least expensive Canadian purchased EV is 2x the cost of a US Nissan Leaf.

Well, I ordered my Tesla Model Y tonight after speaking with a friend who has owned his Model Y for almost a year.

He has 15,000 miles on it and he’s never charged at a public charging station. He said he wouldn’t even know how to use a public charging station. He has 60 amp outlets installed at his 2 homes and his office and at his cabin he uses his dryer outlet to charge.
    That is Awesome !!!
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Send your daughter this link. https://hybridbattery911.com/
    Thanks for the link. It doesn't do her any good though, she has a Sonata. She has had two different shops quote her prices and they were both in the same price range of $10K. Both shops told her that it was not worth doing. She is now trying to figure out how to get a different vehicle and how to get rid of the one she has.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast