User Tag List

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Not every EV costs $100,000. Look at my previous posting for the 2023 Nissan Leaf EV I bought yesterday.

$38,000 before tax credits. See Window Sticker below.
    I am in Canada. We don’t have these “credits” and I am glad we don’t. An F150 is 100k plus
    And yes you only charge at night but your profile says you are retired. Many people are not and will require to drive long distances and need midday charging. Millions I gather eventually. California sells 2 million cars a year
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I am in Canada. We don’t have these “credits” and I am glad we don’t. An F150 is 100k plus
    And yes you only charge at night but your profile says you are retired. Many people are not and will require to drive long distances and need midday charging. Millions I gather eventually. California sells 2 million cars a year
    We don’t have credits but we do have rebates. $5000 from the feds to purchase an EV. The Lightning however is too expensive to qualify for the rebate.

EV hype won’t die down. Heavy-duty pickups will probably be the last consumer segment to see EVs take over but it’s coming. My next truck is likely a 3/4 ton gas. Probably the last I’ll ever buy.

For a car/minivan/SUV I would never go back to gas. So many great choices in EVs now.
    2022 Reflection 150 278BH
    2023 Silverado 2500HD Gas
    “If you like how it tows, don’t change anything.”

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would definitely go with hybrid, but not ready for full EV yet. Ten years maybe, but they are going to have to get charge stations in a lot of rural areas for that to happen.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobienick View Post
    As I continue to read this thread I keep thinking about the irony of pushing EV's before we are ready and how it will negatively affect their adoption. If the grid limitations predicted come true or the charging stations are not plentiful enough or any number of other issues come up and it turns people off of EV's it will take even longer for them to become mainstream.

As I said before, EV's are a good idea. They will come when the cost and technology line up. Forcing them too early is not a good strategy.
    If you look at the technology adoption curve below, you will see that people adopt new technologies faster than ever before. Once a new technology reaches 5% market share, the adoption rate skyrockets. EV sales have surpassed 6% in the US and are over 20% in Europe, Norway is already at or near 100% EV sales.

EV adoption in the US will happen much sooner than many people think. As a matter of fact, I think EV adoption will happen so fast that California's new EV sales law will be moot in 2035.

I also agree that for Heavy Duty Pickups, Electrification will be slow, with the possibility of Hybrids being offered before pure EV versions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S Curve Adoption Rates TV Cell Phone Automobile.PDF  
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 09-06-2022 at 04:27 PM.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easycamper View Post
    $5000 from the from the rest of the taxpayers to purchase an EV.
    Fixed it

Sorry couldn't resist

I have been looking at the potential of the electric Ford transit when I need to replace our next work van. I have a couple of years to see how it shakes out though. The new elec Caddie has also caught our eye also when we need to replace the wifes Enclave. Would be a perfect fit since we don't venture far from home with it anymore and can wait for the infrastructure to catch up.

I do agree that the rate of adoption will grow exponentially now that most of the major manufacturers have fully bought in. Though I also think we'll see a few major hiccups along the way (to be expected). Infrastructure being the biggest issue. Battery replacements potentially being another
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpb9294 View Post
    Horses were cheaper than cars back then too. ����
    Exactly.

But technology advanced, and people chose convenience & efficiency over horse and buggy. The big difference is the horse & buggy wasn't banned by local & federal governments.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS | TireMinder i10 TPMS | Progressive Dynamics 60A Converter | Progressive Industries EMS | MORyde X Factors | Renogy Solar & MPPT Controller
    2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7L Diesel | Tuned w/ DPF Stolen | Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller | Airlift Bags w/ Wireless Compressor | B&W Turnover Ball | Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    If you look at the technology adoption curve below, you will see that people adopt new technologies faster than ever before. Once a new technology reaches 5% market share, the adoption rate skyrockets. EV sales have surpassed 6% in the US and are over 20% in Europe, Norway is already at or near 100% EV sales.

EV adoption in the US will happen much sooner than many people think. As a matter of fact, I think EV adoption will happen so fast that California's new EV sales law will be moot in 2035.

I also agree that for Heavy Duty Pickups, Electrification will be slow, with the possibility of Hybrids being offered before pure EV versions.
    That's not really a fair comparison. Everyone one of those things in that graph was a 100% new tech or at least significantly changed (autos from horses, cell phone/landlines). And the slowest pick up rate was autos and now we're only talking about basically a new engine/fuel. The car/truck itself is basically the same.

Now, where are the flying cars!!
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocrity View Post
    Exactly.

But technology advanced, and people chose convenience & efficiency over horse and buggy. The big difference is the horse & buggy wasn't banned by local & federal governments.
    And that EVs are not “adding” anything to us
    If anything they are less convenient so what are we actually getting???
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about the elephant in the room....the lithium battery. They don't last forever (claims vs real life), they aren't cheap to replace, lithium isn't easily or ethically sourced (South America being the primary location), and the batteries aren't easily recycled.

Society should dictate how society advances. Not a government (CA, MA, & WA with a dozen others currently considering) forcing them into a mode of transportation, under the 'green' or 'environmentally friendly' agenda.

Solar isn't 'green' or 'environmentally friendly'. Clearing out fields and farmland to put in solar farms, is the opposite of environmentally friendly. Not to mention the heat the panels put off, and birds being vaporized flying over them.

Wind turbines aren't 'green' or 'environmentally friendly'. Digging out the earth, and filling the void with concrete (all performed by diesel powered equipment) & materials trucked to the site via diesel powered tractor trailers, is the opposite of environmentally friendly. Not to mention the relatively short lifespan of the blades, and they can't be recycled. Instead, they're chopped up into smaller pieces and buried. Oh, and the birds again.

I'm not against electric vehicles. I'm against a government forcing an agenda on people, when the infrastructure isn't there or ready for it.

Those that live in CA, answer this: road maintenance is funded through gas tax, so where's the money going to come from when less (or no gas) is sold?
    2021 Reflection 337RLS | TireMinder i10 TPMS | Progressive Dynamics 60A Converter | Progressive Industries EMS | MORyde X Factors | Renogy Solar & MPPT Controller
    2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7L Diesel | Tuned w/ DPF Stolen | Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller | Airlift Bags w/ Wireless Compressor | B&W Turnover Ball | Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocrity View Post
    Exactly.

This is why Norway appears to be so “compliant” to switch to EV. They are basically forced to do it
    But they are only 5 million people in an area the size of California. North America is roughly 60 times larger(infrastructure) and almost 400 million people

It will and hopefully will be a tough sell
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast