Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stabilizers

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Try using the scissor jacks on the frame itself instead of the bumper. Keep the extension of the stabilizers as short as you can by using blocks. Some manufacturers recommend against the use of slide stabilizers. There will always be a bit of "wiggle", it affects some people more than others. The use of something like JT Strongarms work about the best to make the trailer/5th wheel the most stable.
    Thanks I thought about blocking under the frame too and going to try that. Going to try blocking the dinette side first thinking that would counter the moment. And now thinking that blocking the slide will not stop the bend and in fact might 'hyperextend' the hinge point causing damage. I do block up the stabilizers. Not the end of the world but an annoyance when lounging in the chair and someone is moving in the camper.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_2670tp View Post
    Thanks I thought about blocking under the frame too and going to try that. Going to try blocking the dinette side first thinking that would counter the moment. And now thinking that blocking the slide will not stop the bend and in fact might 'hyperextend' the hinge point causing damage. I do block up the stabilizers. Not the end of the world but an annoyance when lounging in the chair and someone is moving in the camper.
    NEVER EVER block or put one of those braces under a slide. If there's any settling of the trailer, damage can occur to the slide.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    NEVER EVER block or put one of those braces under a slide. If there's any settling of the trailer, damage can occur to the slide.

Rob
    Yep I get it

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We sold our 2670 to our daughter but when we had it we had the xchocks, that helped a lot but we bought a set of braces from Amazon & placed them under frame in front of and behind the wheels. They really helped the most. Along with as been said --put blocks to keep the shortest extension of the front and rear stabilizers. Good luck.
    2021 RLS295 & 2021 Ram 2500 4x4,w/6.4 gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion the easiest and best way to eliminate movement is with JT Strongarms. Had them on our 35' and it wouldn't budge or wiggle at all even with kids running around. It's one of the first upgrades for our new XLS. Won't ever have a trailer without them.
    2024 Imagine 22MLE
    Towed by 2017 Ram 2500 6.7l
    Hitched by Hensley

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123