User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    As @jproctor9 said, those appear to be the Furrion connectors. So your project is going to be bigger than you think. You can't just put on an MC4 connector, they won't work with the Furrion box. Sad to say I'm in a similar situation, I'd like to upgrade my solar but I'm stuck with the proprietary Furrion connectors that one can't buy separately (shame on GD for letting this happen, on the other hand, the newer solar systems appear to have gone back to industry standard MC4 connectors). My plan is to remove the Furrion connector box and replace it with something that supports MC4 connectors.
    Timely response as I was going to provide an update today since I attempted to replace them last night and as you said, these are Furrion and the MC4s did not work. Covered it over with silicone instead for now until a better option comes along. Just in time too as it rained this morning!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry @42towels , wish I could have saved you the time and expense. The good news is that you'll be able to use the MC4 connectors if you go the route I've planned which is replacing the Furrion box.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what does a replacement like that look like? Is another brand of module somewhat of a drop in replacement?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 42towels View Post
    So what does a replacement like that look like? Is another brand of module somewhat of a drop in replacement?
    Since I don't know what it looks like inside the Furrion box (yet), I can't say for sure. But I'm planning on something like this one (https://www.amazon.com/Weatherproof-.../dp/B09L5Q6RG7). This one (https://www.amazon.com/Double-Panels.../dp/B07Z91K6RT) should also work although you'd have to add your own MC4 connectors.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MC4 Connectors

@42towels @Soundsailor

Posting here although I think everyone who installs ought to read and understand the potential risks of incompatible MC4 connectors. I am in the process of re-doing my solar install and have been researching MC4s a bit. If you Google "MC4 solar connector risk" there is a plethora of information out there on the risks of incompatible connectors. Linking a PDF below that I believe is a "must read."

https://www.pvel.com/wp-content/uplo...s-Feb-2022.pdf

Unfortunately, MC4 is viewed as a standard when it is not. Staubli invented the MC4 and "MC4 is a protected trademark of Staubli" according to their website. Many other manufacturers have created MC4 compatible products, but the level of compatibility varies.

For me...I'm hesitant to remove the connectors on my solar panels (connector made by Boneng) for warranty reasons. Although removing them and using shrink-solder waterproof butt connectors under shrink tubing is still an option I'm contemplating. Most likely, I will use connectors at the panels and be as certain as possible they are well-crimped and seated.

However, I will most likely replace the Jaboni entry port on my rig with a DIY combiner box that eliminates connectors. Hopefully, this will eliminate some of the connector compatibility risk. (I also need an inch or two of additional clearance so am hopeful I can move the combiner box forward a bit from where the Jaboni is currently.)

Perhaps @SolarPoweredRV will weigh in with an opinion, as well.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This happened to me, called GD, and it is a full solar panel replacement under warranty from Furrion. It’s a shame, bc I would just like new working connectors that can charge my battery & do it my self. Damn RV dealership with a 3 month lead on repairs, when I’m working on moving in full time next month!

Hope this is easier for you!
    Cheers
    22 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation 3.0L Duramax
    23 Imagine 2500RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacement solar connector collars?

Thanks for writing @gayleforcewynds ; ! I just got a survey from GD today and will also note some of this dissatisfaction as well. Good call on checking with them first as my dealer also has a long wait!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just ran across this same situation. I am at 12 months of owning 22MLE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is under the 2 year warranty, yes? So the cable that runs off the panel would have to be replaced instead of just replacing the connector, do I have that right?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saliemster View Post
    i just ran across this same situation. I am at 12 months of owning 22MLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by saliemster View Post
    this is under the 2 year warranty, yes? So the cable that runs off the panel would have to be replaced instead of just replacing the connector, do I have that right?
    @saliemster -

The last entry in this thread is over a year ago and it's not clear who you are asking or referencing. Here are some forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Note: you'll need to have a paid subscription to add an image to your signature.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12