User Tag List

Thread: Add AC Vent?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add AC Vent?

Our Momentum 351MS-R came with the RV Airflow System on the living room AC. We were thinking about adding them to the ACs in the garage and bedroom. The garage has four vents, but the bedroom only has two.

We like our bedroom to be cold at night and typically keep both louvers (dump vents) open. If we add the RV Airflow System, it disables the dump vents. My concern is that the bedroom won't get enough air with the dump vents closed.

Is it possible to add additional AC vents to the racetrack system? I think that adding two more to the bedroom will help.

Thanks
    -B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me, you won't need them. I added it to both A/C units in our Solitude, and can have the bedroom an icebox with the wife, dog, and myself from two vents. I suggest you give it a go, and you can add vents later. I suspect you'll find you will be colder than you prior approach as the dumps are inefficient and cause cold air to be drawn right back into the intake.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess the mapping of the racetrack would be key. The vent/louver do not look overly complicated in the attachment to the racetrack. Is your racetrack square/rectangular?
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Trust me, you won't need them. I added it to both A/C units in our Solitude, and can have the bedroom an icebox with the wife, dog, and myself from two vents. I suggest you give it a go, and you can add vents later. I suspect you'll find you will be colder than you prior approach as the dumps are inefficient and cause cold air to be drawn right back into the intake.
    Geotex1 is correct. Add the airflow first, then see how you feel about it.

I personally have not felt a difference using the air dump vs the vents. Prefer the vents, they are a touch quieter.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I suggest you give it a go, and you can add vents later. I suspect you'll find you will be colder than you prior approach as the dumps are inefficient and cause cold air to be drawn right back into the intake.
    Good plan. Thanks
    -B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Guess the mapping of the racetrack would be key. The vent/louver do not look overly complicated in the attachment to the racetrack. Is your racetrack square/rectangular?
    Agreed. The existing vents are at the end of the racetrack, so no worries about not hitting the racetrack with a hole. Taking a couple of measurements from the wall to the existing vents would be all that is needed to locate the center of the racetrack.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Geotex1 mentioned, you won't need it. I have Air Flow in all 3 of my units. In Lake Havasu, in July, at 113, I can freeze the kids out of the garage. The bedroom, we can get the same way. You won't miss the dump features.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added the RV Airflow System to the other two ACs and as you all have suggested, the bedroom gets plenty cool. With the Airflow systems in place, I can run the bedroom and garage ACs, and they will keep the living room cool.... I'm sure my neighbors appreciate the fact that I do not have to turn up the TV to hear it.

Thanks!!!
    -B

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool deal, winner!
    Randy and Kris