User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert TPMS Not Working

We purchased a Reflection 303 RLS fifth wheel and took delivery on March 1, 2022. The TPMS system included with the unit is still not working despite multiple contacts with Lippert tech support. First, there were multiple issues with the Compass Connect app on my phone. (Compass Connect is the Lippert One system rebranded under a Grand Design name.) First, received a software push from Lippert with a new version of Compass Connect which did not work. Eventually they got those issues resolved. After the new version of the app was configured there were problems getting the sensors to connect with the TPMS system. Lippert sent me four new sensors. They paired with the system okay but would lose connection while we were traveling. The first day on the road we got five alerts on the Tire Link alert indicator carried in the cab of the truck. Each time there was no issue with the tires. A sensor had lost communication with the repeater that is located in the pass through compartment. Lippert then sent me a new repeater. It does not work. It will not properly pair with the alert indicator and the sensors will not pair with it. Since this has been going on with six months and the system is still not working I included Grand Design customer support on the email string and asked for assistance. I got the following reply from Grand Design customer support. "As to your question, that is something Lippert will have to answer. It’s their product and we only purchase from them. Please wait for them to respond. If this ends up being something within the Grand Design wiring, then I’ll be happy to get involved." True, it is a Lippert system, but since it included in the Grand Design Compass Connect and original equipment supplied by Grand Design I would think that Grand Design should share in supporting the system. Grand Design did get involved several months back in diagnosing the the blue tooth chip on the unity board had failed. The blue tooth chip on the unity board enables the Compass Connect app to communicate with the trailer, so nothing except the TPMS worked. (The TPMS system uses a separate blue tooth connection that is not through the unity board. For TPMS the app connects directly with the Tire Link repeater via blue tooth.) Grand Design, not Lippert, supplied the new unity board and assisted in the programming of the new board. Lippert was completely inept in diagnosing the unity board problem. Now for this Grand Design is not willing to get involved.

Has anyone else had similar problems with Compass Connect and more specifically with the TPMS system? As mentioned, six months and still not resolution. The trailer has already been back to the dealer four times for other warranty issues and is going in yet again for some more issues, so this is getting to be pretty frustrating. Fortunately the dealer giving far more support than Grand Design.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jgfprralt View Post
    We purchased a Reflection 303 RLS fifth wheel and took delivery on March 1, 2022. The TPMS system included with the unit is still not working despite multiple contacts with Lippert tech support. First, there were multiple issues with the Compass Connect app on my phone. (Compass Connect is the Lippert One system rebranded under a Grand Design name.) First, received a software push from Lippert with a new version of Compass Connect which did not work. Eventually they got those issues resolved. After the new version of the app was configured there were problems getting the sensors to connect with the TPMS system. Lippert sent me four new sensors. They paired with the system okay but would lose connection while we were traveling. The first day on the road we got five alerts on the Tire Link alert indicator carried in the cab of the truck. Each time there was no issue with the tires. A sensor had lost communication with the repeater that is located in the pass through compartment. Lippert then sent me a new repeater. It does not work. It will not properly pair with the alert indicator and the sensors will not pair with it. Since this has been going on with six months and the system is still not working I included Grand Design customer support on the email string and asked for assistance. I got the following reply from Grand Design customer support. "As to your question, that is something Lippert will have to answer. It’s their product and we only purchase from them. Please wait for them to respond. If this ends up being something within the Grand Design wiring, then I’ll be happy to get involved." True, it is a Lippert system, but since it included in the Grand Design Compass Connect and original equipment supplied by Grand Design I would think that Grand Design should share in supporting the system. Grand Design did get involved several months back in diagnosing the the blue tooth chip on the unity board had failed. The blue tooth chip on the unity board enables the Compass Connect app to communicate with the trailer, so nothing except the TPMS worked. (The TPMS system uses a separate blue tooth connection that is not through the unity board. For TPMS the app connects directly with the Tire Link repeater via blue tooth.) Grand Design, not Lippert, supplied the new unity board and assisted in the programming of the new board. Lippert was completely inept in diagnosing the unity board problem. Now for this Grand Design is not willing to get involved.

Has anyone else had similar problems with Compass Connect and more specifically with the TPMS system? As mentioned, six months and still not resolution. The trailer has already been back to the dealer four times for other warranty issues and is going in yet again for some more issues, so this is getting to be pretty frustrating. Fortunately the dealer giving far more support than Grand Design.
    We had the Lippert Tire Linc system and, after my first extended trip, I found someone selling their used TST TPMS (here on the forum, actually).

I had multiple problems with the Tire Linc system, mainly I would check my phone about 2 hours into the trip and Tire Linc would report the last update was over an hour ago. I couldn't trust that it would alarm in time.

After I added the TST TPMS, I haven't looked back. I did sell my Tire Linc system (here, on the forum) as separate parts for anyone that was using it and was satisfied with it.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over 6500 miles this year and yes, the sensors lose sync on occasion but do come back after a short time. I did have to replace one sensor because it began to leak air - between the brass and plastic. Dealer gave me another kit for current trip. I have my phone mounted and fixed on that screen and it has been fairly reliable updating frequently as psi/temps increase. DW is designated button pusher when the alarm goes off.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design is declining to give any support for Lippert TPMS even though is is OEM equipment. To me, it seems like they should be willing to at least intervene with Lippert. Just emailed Lippert again since it has been a while since I have heard from them. Will see what happens . . .

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Lippert has not been able to solve the problem, Grand Design will not lend any assistance so I am going to shelve the Tire Linc system and purchase another brand of TPMS. I have talked with a lot of Grand Design owners at campgrounds and done a lot of research and it seems that Lippert's system is not one of the better systems out there. I am disappointed that Grand Design, if they are going to include a TPMS system with a new unit, would not offer a better system.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lippert has not been able to resolve the issues and Grand Design keeps referring me back to Lippert. I have disconnected the Lippert TPMS and will purchase another system. Am very disappointed in Grand Design and Lippert over this issue.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard from plenty of folks who've had trouble with phone apps trailer based TPMS. If you can't get yours to work, you may have an alternative in your truck. The system I have came with my 2021 Ram, but apparently all recent model Rams have the electronics onboard. The system only needs the sensors and dealer activation. Check with the manufacturer of your tow vehicle to see if your truck has the necessary electronics which a dealer can activate (for a fee of course). The Ram's system can continuously monitor all the wheels on the trailer, plus the truck's. The trailer sensors from Ram were about $50 each.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried only the Lippert app vs the CC app? Sorry I did not read every sentence of this post. I only used the Lippert app when using that TPMS. Not that I had issues with CC giving readings, it seemed slower.
    Last edited by stroguy; 12-21-2022 at 01:01 PM.
    Randy and Kris

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jgfprralt View Post
    I am going to shelve the Tire Linc system and purchase another brand of TPMS.
    This is the only way to fix the Tire-Linc system. Put it on a shelf, or in a bin, and expect nothing of it. It will then live up to expectations.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997