User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Left The Driveway
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Leawood Kansas
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Shower leak - Solitude 310GK

    Hello - I'm sure I am posting this incorrectly. I was not able to figure out how to create a post :-) I'm challenged I guess. I too have a shower leak in our new 2022 Solitude 310 GK. It leaks into the basement area and has been in to the dealership where they said the tightened the drain underneath. That said, after a couple uses it started up again and is a significant leak in the same area. I searched for the topic and this was the closest I found. Thanks for any direction or thoughts! Jeff

  2. #2
    Site Team Second Chance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Wherever...
    Posts
    7,123
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to its own thread in Plumbing and Water Systems.

    Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

  3. #3
    Long Hauler geotex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,581
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best advice I can give is get hooked up to water, get someone in the shower while you sit in the basement watching for the leak. It's not unusual, for instance for drain to loosen if the shower pan is flexing a lot. May need to stabilize the pan with spray foam. Might just be a threaded connection loosening and needing a little sealant on the threads to resist. Might be the drain is not set in silicone, or was disturbed when previously loose.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

    Mountains of Pennsylvania

  4. #4
    Left The Driveway
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Leawood Kansas
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help!

  5. #5
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Manitoba Canada
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 295 RL is doing the same thing. Have done a fair bit of troubleshooting. With just the shower running and nobody in it, no leaks. Did as Geotex1 suggests and stood in it while running. There is a fair amount of flex in the back corner, outside wall area. With someone in it, it leaks along the outside wall and water makes it's way to the front of the trailer, where it then drips down along the frame to the front of the belly area. The drain appears to remain dry. Dealer is of opinion that the shower pan is cracked. No visible crack from inside, but they figure cracked along the L shaped lip where the shower surround sits up to. They submitted a warranty claim to GD, but it was denied, GD wanted more proof. Dealer came to our house and took pics to send to GD and again claim denied. I contacted GD customer service to try to get it resolved, and they said that it's between the dealer and GD Dealer Relations dept, and that they would not speak to me. This is quite contrary to all the posts in the forums here about how great GD customer service dept is. I sent another email to Customer Service of GD and they wont even reply. Dealer has now decided to simply order the new shower pan through their Parts Dept and said they will fight with GD later about who pays for it. Now we are sitting, waiting for arrival of new shower pan, and dealer says they have no idea how long it may take. We have been dealing with this since June 16th and haven't been able to use the shower all summer.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

  6. #6
    Site Sponsor SolarPoweredRV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    1,552
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 60356jai View Post
    Hello - I'm sure I am posting this incorrectly. I was not able to figure out how to create a post :-) I'm challenged I guess. I too have a shower leak in our new 2022 Solitude 310 GK. It leaks into the basement area and has been in to the dealership where they said the tightened the drain underneath. That said, after a couple uses it started up again and is a significant leak in the same area. I searched for the topic and this was the closest I found. Thanks for any direction or thoughts! Jeff
    There are two primary sources for your shower leak; the fresh water supply, or the drain (a tertiary source is behind the shower faucet).

    I also had a shower leak in my 310GK, it turned out to be the fresh water connection behind the shower faucet (access is through the pantry, there is a removable panel at the back of the pantry [look for four screws, one in each corner]).

    To check for a fresh water leak I would suggest hooking up to a fresh water hose and running the shower (both hot and cold) into a bucket to ensure there are no air bubbles in the water lines. Place a towel in the bottom of the shower to ensure no water reaches the drain (you want to eliminate the possibility of any water dripping from the shower drain; ergo, the bucket). Let the camper sit for a couple of days checking for leaks every two to four hours by using a flashlight which will reflect light off of any water that may land on the floor of the hold. You also want to shine the light up onto the pipes looking for drops of water. Be aware that the water leaking from a pipe can travel quite a distance from it's origin so where the water pools may not indicate the leak is just above the pool of water (this was the case with my leak, the pool would indicate a shower drain leak, however, the real leak was in the wall behind the pantry).

    If you don't find the leak using the above method, wait a couple of days to ensure everything is dried out. Then you want to test the drain, run a garden hose into the camper through the front door and place it in the bottom of the shower and turn the water on fairly low, just enough to keep the whole drain wet and open the grey tank valve so you don't overflow the tank (if you can, open both grey tank valves so you don't mistakenly open the wrong one and you wind up flooding your camper). Check the area for leaks every hour or two with a flashlight to find the leak.

    If you don't find a leak using either method, there is one other area where a leak might be occurring. It is be tween the faucet and the wall of the shower, sometimes there is an inadequate seal. To check for this leak turn on the shower and point it at the shower faucet, then go into the hold and check for your leak. This leak will show up rather quick, so an hour (or two) should be sufficient, again, make certain that the grey tank valves are open).

    Before you start testing ensure everything is dry.

    Good luck, happy hunting !!

    PS: let us know what you find.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

  7. #7
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,141
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 310GK shower stall has a lot of flex in it when standing in it, entering/exiting, or when in transit. During last trip, the screws holding one of the corner soap holders snapped off. Was able to re-attach once I pulled the pantry access panel off to see what was behind. However, the flex and floor noise when getting in and out of the shower stall does not inspire confidence.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
    Past - 2002 31' Sportsmen TT bunk house
    Past - 2001 Laramie 2500 EC SB 4WD Cummins 24 loud valves, Blue Chip 6 degree

  8. #8
    Big Traveler Calbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,247
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had mine leaking into the basement on my 378MBS and it was the crappy caulking job. Blobs of caulking not sealing anything. Cleaned it all off, recaulked and no more leak. Like said before. Fresh water supply, drain caulking or cracked shower stall.

    Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2019 RAM 3500 SRW 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

  9. #9
    Rolling Along dryfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    811
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    With someone in it, it leaks along the outside wall and water makes it's way to the front of the trailer, where it then drips down along the frame to the front of the belly area. The drain appears to remain dry. Dealer is of opinion that the shower pan is cracked. No visible crack from inside, but they figure cracked along the L shaped lip where the shower surround sits up to.
    The surround meets the shower pan about 4" above the pan floor. Right? Is this where the suspected crack is?

    If so, why not make a temporary curtain, using heavy plastic drop cloth from 1 foot above the area where the surround meets the pan to below this joint. Use something like 3" wide painters tape to seal and hold the top of the curtain to the shower surround wall.

    This should temporarily shield all water from the surround/pan joint area and help verify if the leak is actually coming from there.
    2020 Reflection 273MK
    '05 Dodge 2500 CTD

  10. #10
    Left The Driveway
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Leawood Kansas
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    Our 295 RL is doing the same thing. Have done a fair bit of troubleshooting. With just the shower running and nobody in it, no leaks. Did as Geotex1 suggests and stood in it while running. There is a fair amount of flex in the back corner, outside wall area. With someone in it, it leaks along the outside wall and water makes it's way to the front of the trailer, where it then drips down along the frame to the front of the belly area. The drain appears to remain dry. Dealer is of opinion that the shower pan is cracked. No visible crack from inside, but they figure cracked along the L shaped lip where the shower surround sits up to. They submitted a warranty claim to GD, but it was denied, GD wanted more proof. Dealer came to our house and took pics to send to GD and again claim denied. I contacted GD customer service to try to get it resolved, and they said that it's between the dealer and GD Dealer Relations dept, and that they would not speak to me. This is quite contrary to all the posts in the forums here about how great GD customer service dept is. I sent another email to Customer Service of GD and they wont even reply. Dealer has now decided to simply order the new shower pan through their Parts Dept and said they will fight with GD later about who pays for it. Now we are sitting, waiting for arrival of new shower pan, and dealer says they have no idea how long it may take. We have been dealing with this since June 16th and haven't been able to use the shower all summer.
    Ironically that is the same date ours started on while on our first trip in June with it. I have had other issues that GD has fixed them. I would call them again and explain your situation and possibly another rep will be more helpful. Most are but I have run into some that are burned out or strike me as burned out. If you are within your first 12 months this should be covered. Mine is also within the first 12 months and as Geotex1 suggested I was in the cargo/basement part with the shower running. It doesn't come out of the front but drips directly underneath the shower from the plumbing pvc. They tightened it once but I feel it needs to be sealed at the fitting. Taking it in Saturday to see what they can do. Good luck with your leaking. I still believe (finger crossed) that these bugs get worked out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.