User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would you have any clue what the folks before you did prior to your arrival? I find the pictures humorous. Wearing gloves but also shower clogs. The whole family is involved, kids with the fresh water filter, the dog. The whole crew. I would be more concerned with their learning a better way than the threat to me. I assume the worst before making any connections and do my best to sanitize all apparatus before using the system.

Did you know that people take showers at rest stops? Truck stops?

I spent time in Central America in the military and I promise people are surviving under 100 times worse conditions than this would pose. Sure I hope they get better but my gosh, the human body can work under some very inhospitable conditions.

What’s next, we all wear masks all day?
    Randy and Kris

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If those people followed the correct procedure and dumped black, kitchen gray, then shower gray, the sewer hose is basically as clean as it is going to get. I wouldn't be too worried myself about what they are doing, but at the same time it really isn't necessary. And no matter how well we elevate the hose when disconnecting, there are always some drips on the ground from the leftover shower water. I don't rinse the hose; just cap the hose and done. And stored in a separate container. Now if they didn't follow procedure and dumped black last, then I would have a problem with what they are doing in the picture.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by House_of_Henniker View Post
    This falls in the category of things I rather not know. Like kitchens in certain restaurants.
    I was just going to say this. I think much worse things happen in restaurants. We have one local place (that is always packed) constantly get written up for mouse poop in the food area.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    The woman is obviously aware of something...she is wearing gloves afterall.
    Yep I noticed that to and her kid is standing there barefoot. Gloves required but shoes optional. Lol
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a reason that dysentery, and diseases such as cholera are pretty unknown in the US: good sanitary practices. IOW, don't poop where you eat.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting conversation here. Truly.

It seems there's a wide variety of what is considered sanitary vs. disgusting.

Personally, I don't like dogs licking my face after they've "taken a bath" nor do I like cats walking on the kitchen counter after they've used the litter box. When RVing, about 90% of the time I pack my own water by tanking up from my known source (my house). Usually, I only use RV park water if I use up what I brought.

But I'm definitely on the squeamish side about water sanitation. It's hard for me to handle the "couple of drips" from the dump hose, let alone the proverbial "surprise" when taking the cap off, which is why I have this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210201_131308.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	42913

Ok, I had to add this from one of my favorite comedians.
    Warning: George uses fowl language in this skit, but I found it entertainingly appropriate for this thread.
    Hopefully @NB Canada will find it amusing.

https://youtu.be/X29lF43mUlo
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 09-06-2022 at 10:59 AM.
    signature

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post

Personally, I don't like dogs licking my face after they've "taken a bath" nor do I like cats walking on the kitchen counter after they've used the litter box. When RVing, about 90% of the time I pack my own water by tanking up from my known source (my house). Usually, I only use RV park water if I use up what I brought.

But I'm definitely on the squeamish side about water sanitation. It's hard for me to handle the "couple of drips" from the dump hose, let alone the proverbial "surprise" when taking the cap off, which is why I have this.

Warning: George uses fowl language in this skit, but I found it entertainingly appropriate for this thread.

I am like you on that part. I have a small bucket that I place underneath before I remove the cap. I always stare in amazement when the septic guy comes to pump out our tank at the house. No gloves, handling the hose all the while he is eating a doughnut or sandwich. I make my Wife hand him the check.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post

A good number of us (heck - a lot of us) have put a Valera valve like this on the end of our sewer pipes to there is no surprise when removing the end cap.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waste disposal jobs are in the top 5 for hazardous work.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblade View Post
    For me having animals live with you in a camper or house is more disgusting then this.
    …just WOW….🙄
    2019 F350 CCLB 6.7
    2020 Reflection 268BH

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast