User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Waste disposal jobs are in the top 5 for hazardous work.

This is not a job or a career, it’s a chore. A 15 minute chore that these folks maybe do once a year. Maybe this was a rental and they’ll never do this again. Being a little dramatic comparing these people doing a chore as compared to Bering Sea crab fishing, or EOD or maybe even aTest Pilot.

We get your point.
    Randy and Kris

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My point was that handling human waste, in any form, can be unhealthy.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I had to go and google this stuff about dangerous jobs.....

According to OSHA (at least on the web site I came up with) was this....
    1. Fishing and Hunting Workers. ...
    2. Logging Workers. ...
    3. Roofers. ...
    4. Construction Workers. ...
    5. Aircraft pilots and Flight Engineers. ...
    6. Refuse Waste and Recyclable Material Collectors.

And under #6 was this.....
    Fatal injury rate: 33.1 per 100,000 workers.
    Refuse waste and recyclable material collectors such as garbage men are exposed to a very difficult environment during their day-to-day routine. Injuries and fatalities typically occur among this workforce because of injuries involving heavy machinery on the trucks used. Because these workers often stop in the middle of traffic routes to collect trash, one of the most common reasons for fatalities in this field is because workers are struck by either the garbage truck or another vehicle.

It left us "campers" off their list!!! So.... safe travels..... and don't stand out in the road at the dump station.

oh - and don't mention that part about handling human waste to new moms and dads..... they have enough on their mind (and probably hands) already.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    So I had to go and google this stuff about dangerous jobs.....

According to OSHA (at least on the web site I came up with) was this....
    1. Fishing and Hunting Workers. ...
    2. Logging Workers. ...
    3. Roofers. ...
    4. Construction Workers. ...
    5. Aircraft pilots and Flight Engineers. ...
    6. Refuse Waste and Recyclable Material Collectors.

And under #6 was this.....
    Fatal injury rate: 33.1 per 100,000 workers.
    Refuse waste and recyclable material collectors such as garbage men are exposed to a very difficult environment during their day-to-day routine. Injuries and fatalities typically occur among this workforce because of injuries involving heavy machinery on the trucks used. Because these workers often stop in the middle of traffic routes to collect trash, one of the most common reasons for fatalities in this field is because workers are struck by either the garbage truck or another vehicle.

It left us "campers" off their list!!! So.... safe travels..... and don't stand out in the road at the dump station.

oh - and don't mention that part about handling human waste to new moms and dads..... they have enough on their mind (and probably hands) already.
    I was just about to say a similar comments, how did you all change your kids diapers? We had 3 and now have grand kids. Believe me, I'd rather look after the RV. Lol
    Just adding some humor. Lol Click image for larger version. 

Name:	families-baby_diaper-diaper-toxic_waste-nappy-change-mban3624_low.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	42951Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noblowouts.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	42952
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I figure I'm reasonably sanitary...I wouldn't be concerned about ANYTHING the previous camper did. You take care of yourself. In the way you see fit.

But I still eat food I drop on the floor...or ground....so my immune system is working fine. We are part of the ever shrinking group of people who have never had covid...lol.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    While I figure I'm reasonably sanitary...I wouldn't be concerned about ANYTHING the previous camper did. You take care of yourself. In the way you see fit.

But I still eat food I drop on the floor...or ground....so my immune system is working fine. We are part of the ever shrinking group of people who have never had covid...lol.
    Are you sure?
    In December i went to the ER with a sudden onset of chest pain. Had blood clots in both lungs. I at that time did not think I ever had Covid.
    The CT scan revealed several conditions that are signature marks of Covid. Yet I was never sick that I could tell. And the lung conditions were gone on a subsequent CT scan several months later.
    Doctors think I had a case and just didn't know it.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Are you sure?
    In December i went to the ER with a sudden onset of chest pain. Had blood clots in both lungs. I at that time did not think I ever had Covid.
    The CT scan revealed several conditions that are signature marks of Covid. Yet I was never sick that I could tell. And the lung conditions were gone on a subsequent CT scan several months later.
    Doctors think I had a case and just didn't know it.
    Well, I don't think I have. Last test I had about a month ago was clear. May have gone through it without knowing since then.
    Hope you have recovered since then and are back to good health.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Well, I don't think I have. Last test I had about a month ago was clear. May have gone through it without knowing since then.
    Hope you have recovered since then and are back to good health.
    I had to go on blood thinners for 6 months, which got extended when I came down with Covid that was confirmed by testing. One of the ones that got it twice I guess. Blood thinners cause all sorts of complications so it was a rough 8 months. But I am off of them now, and things look good.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, thinners help some things but cause limitations in other potential treatments.
    Glad you are on the upswing. That's good cuz Bird season is coming up......figure with a username like huntindog that is probably high on the fall activity list.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use rubber throw away gloves with the sewer dumping and still wash with soap and water afterward. Feces has many bacteria I don't want to chance growing inside me. It took me several years to pick up a dug turd when our old dog had an accident off the floor with a paper towel without nearly vomiting. I just put a paper towel over it till the wife came home. LOL.
    I had little problem our 4 month old daughter puking her milk in my beard. She had colic and a weak stomach. We kept a blanket on the recliner and when/if she threw up the other spouse would get the child and clean her up. The one puked on would slither out of clothes and wrap them up in the blanket. Put a clean blanket on the chair to continue allowing the baby to drink if she wanted to. I would hose them off in the yard and toss in the wash. I guess I had a way of doing what was necessary. When in grade school I would nearly puke when a fellow student puked in class or on the bus. I guess I lean germaphobe...........
    2007 Ram 5.9 CTD 4x4 LB
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast