User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Code inspector? We don't need no stinkin' code inspector!

From SoCal to the rural countryside of middle Tennessee
    Last edited by Corky2; 09-11-2022 at 10:25 AM.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out us.ecoflow.com. Lot of modular easy to install plug and play options to fit your needs with help determining them.

Here’s the lowdown on RV solar: panels are cheaper than ever, lithium batteries are cheaper (slowly coming down), inverter technology is advanced and affordable, and systems can be installed DIY with a lot of help on YouTube available.

I did my large RV solar power system myself, and it took a lot research and some time, but I know exactly how it works and what it is capable of.

I bought all my components from continuousresources.com, out of Huntington, Utah.

If you prefer to have a professional install it, there are a lot of reputable folks out there. If you are anywhere near central Florida, check out GreatOutdoorsSolar.com. This is a former FT RV YouTuber couple, Thomas and Stacy, who have started a solar installation business. They have packages of all sizes, and are great folks.

Hope this helps.

Curt
    Last edited by traveldawg; 09-12-2022 at 03:32 PM. Reason: edited out URL and just made it a reference as new members can't post links until they have a few posts.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchertx View Post
    I just got a quote for a home system, 13 KW was $106,000 installed. I can but the system on line for around $16,000. If I do it I will buy the kit and do it myself.
    The Solar companies have a ton of profit built in.
    Holy sunshine Batman!!!! That’s a lot of bread!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchertx View Post
    I just got a quote for a home system, 13 KW was $106,000 installed. I can but the system on line for around $16,000. If I do it I will buy the kit and do it myself.
    The Solar companies have a ton of profit built in.
    Yes, well 106K for 13K system is way too steep. But this poster is looking for an RV system.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If u do not want to do a diy i would strongly suggest a good solar generator such as the Titan. It has a 3000 w continuous/ 6000 w surge inverter with a 2000 w battery with capability to add more batteries. You can charge it with solar up to 2000 w. Or charge it fast with a gas generator such as a honda 2200 eu. This will handle your rv needs easily and can be used for backup at home for 110 items. No 220. It costs around $3300 with extra batteries around $1300. Check out youtube on solar generators. Titan, delta, jackery, and others with at least a 2000 w inverter all work. But the Titan is a proven winner. Will Prowse or Ben Gilmore on youtube will answer all your questions.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234