User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fridge and Oven issues?

We have the 12 volt fridge in our TT. I assume it is common for it to be below freezing in the back and 44 degrees in the front? We bought the little fan you put inside and that doesn't do much.

As for the oven. Wife cooked tatter tots and the oven needed to be at 425 but it barely went over 350.

One side of me says both are defective but the other side thinks it is just appliances they put in an RV that just can't do the job.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with your assessment. Not defective, just poor by design.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    We have the 12 volt fridge in our TT. I assume it is common for it to be below freezing in the back and 44 degrees in the front? We bought the little fan you put inside and that doesn't do much.

As for the oven. Wife cooked tatter tots and the oven needed to be at 425 but it barely went over 350.

One side of me says both are defective but the other side thinks it is just appliances they put in an RV that just can't do the job.
    This does not answer your question, but an electric toaster oven will do just about everything a gas oven will do. It saves your propane which is a big plus, but does take up a little counter space.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fridge and Oven issues?

We just use a toaster oven as we are always on power. If I wasn’t I would just cook something else
    It is impossible for the oven to be of any quality that would cook food perfectly. Some use a stone to help
    As far as the fridge a fan should even the temps but I am glad I bought just before the furrion became standard
    You could always put in a residential for cheap if you are always on power. This is what I will do eventually
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ninja AG301 Foodi 5 in 1 Grill!

The 12VDC fridges are still freshmen with plenty of peculiarities, just like most other RV fridges. Ranges are a challenge in RVs. A stone helps, but you're not making too complicated in one unless you have the Insignia. Convection microwave is what is most versatile for those that spend a lot of time in our RVs.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Ninja AG301 Foodi 5 in 1 Grill!

The 12VDC fridges are still freshmen with plenty of peculiarities, just like most other RV fridges. Ranges are a challenge in RVs. A stone helps, but you're not making too complicated in one unless you have the Insignia. Convection microwave is what is most versatile for those that spend a lot of time in our RVs.
    We added the stone which helps stabilize the temp. It is just we can't get it over about 350.

We do the fan in the fridge but I think another issue is the shelves are solid. Would be better if they were grates.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    We added the stone which helps stabilize the temp. It is just we can't get it over about 350.

We do the fan in the fridge but I think another issue is the shelves are solid. Would be better if they were grates.
    Are the shelves plastic? Could they be cut?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Are the shelves plastic? Could they be cut?
    Yes, but I think grates would be better.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie