User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling Jack issue

2014 369RL. I am not a hydraulic guy by any means. I’ve noticed lately I am having issues with my 6 point leveling. When I go to raise the camper my system makes a clicking sound but nothing happens. If I retract, then raise it works fine. Forget auto level. It starts and then the clicking sound. Fluid level is good. Relay? Solenoid? I’m clueless. Any help or ideas would be extremely helpful.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your battery(s) are weak, all kinds of weird things happen. Start there...
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a low voltage/battery situation.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll echo what @JCR GD said - those hydraulic pumps can draw upward of 50 amps. That said, however, if the batteries are weak I'm not sure why things would work after retracting. I would suggest a call to Lippert Customer Service. They are extremely helpful with this type of thing and can even do video calls to step you through troubleshooting. Their number is 432-547-7378.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll check the battery but it is showing 13.4 volts on the meter and the screen.

I am also going to check all the electrical connections again.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    If your battery(s) are weak, all kinds of weird things happen. Start there...
    This is dead on. I went through a phase of auto-level not working (got the clicking you mentioned), but MANUAL MODE worked. Lived with that a while until MANUAL MODE started getting flakey too.

Got a new battery; now everything works properly. As a start, tighten all your battery connections.
    Last edited by Keebler; 09-07-2022 at 10:19 AM.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dloase View Post
    I’ll check the battery but it is showing 13.4 volts on the meter and the screen.

If you're plugged into shore power, that is likely the charge voltage. Turn off the converter at the power panel (and solar if you have it) or unplug the trailer - then measure battery voltage. Alternatively, you can disconnect the negative battery terminals and measure.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The clicking sound you hear is the dual polarity solenoid on the hyd pump.it’s just like a starter solenoid on a car..

If the battery is weak OR the cables are loose or corroded then the pump can’t draw enough current through the solenoid to operate..

Yo7 can also measure the voltage directly on the solenoid extend and retract terminals when trying to operate , if it’s below 11.5 volts you will have issues

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dloase View Post

David, were you able to solve your problem? Was it in fact a battery issue? I am dealing with a similar issue.
    Last edited by JohnnyBadger; 10-31-2022 at 06:30 AM.
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friends, just about all of you on this string have been part of another string (or two) that I have initiated on issues I am having with my leveling system. The most recent issue is very similar to David’s. But in my case, the rapid clicking noise begins when the system begins raising the front end as part of the leveling process. System continues to work but the clicking stays rapid and loud. Clicking continues after I stop the leveling process. Eventually it becomes less and less frequent.

For those of you who were part of my most recent thread on my issue(s), this rapid clicking first manifested itself when I went to raise my front end to level after testing to see if tightening the set screw of the new cartridge valve solved my sagging problem with my front jacks.

I have been in constant contact with the Lippert help desk (they are great, btw). The most recent thinking on their part is it may be a battery issue. I purchased a new Group 27 battery, installed it and started leveling the rig (manually this time). Clicking still occurred, but seemed to not continue as long as before (could be my imagination though). Another person I have been in contact with on this suggested that I install a second 12V battery. And as part of my last conversation, the Lippert rep also suggested that I might need to replace the solenoid. I ordered one.

While I wait, I was wondering if you guys could share your thinking on this latest RV adventure I am having. I have sent a personal message to the OP of this thread but have not heard back from him yet.

Thanks you guys for your constant help. I apologize in advance for always seeming to be a “taker” with this long, sad story. I do try to do as much research as I can to try and minimize my demands on your time.

John
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast