User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSel View Post
    thanks for the info. let me know how it works out. I think that will be on my todo list.
    I finished the swap of the 7 pin connectors, with the camera cable extensions, enabling the camera to now plug into the bed. With the pasternack cables, it was a fairly easy change. Probably had less than 2 hours total in the project.
    Clark and Jane (& Riley our Chocolate Lab)
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R, Solar Package, Slide Toppers, ABS
    2022 Silverado 3500HD SRW 8' High Country, B&W Companion 20K Hitch
    Previous Rigs: 2016 Cross Roads Sunset by THOR - 250RB, 2016 2500 HD Double Cab Gas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crv0262 View Post
    With a 5th wheel, I have now pulled the cable out of the bumper housing twice. That housing comes apart, however to unscrew the F coaxial Connector RP-TNC Male Plug, you need to heat it first, as GM has glued the connector to the bumper plug. Replacement connectors are available on Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After the second failure, I routed the wire (with an extension cable), also available on Amazon

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am in the process of swapping my rear bumper 7 Pin, that has the Camera Ports, with the In Bed 7 Pin/4 pin connector. This requires 2 extension cables, I bought through Pasternack, www.pasternack.com part numbers:

Black FAKRA Jack to FAKRA Plug Low Loss Cable 36 Inch Length Using LMR-100 Coax, SKU: PE3W08444-36

Water Blue FAKRA Plug to FAKRA Jack Low Loss Cable 36 Inch Length Using LMR-100 Coax, SKU: PE3C2779-36.
    Well my first trip since installing.... wish I had listened to you better. I pulled the coax out of the connector. Guess I will be doing what you did sooner rather than later. LOL.
    Ron & Kim
    Flint, MI
    2023 GMC 3500 SRW
    2018 Solitude 375RES

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an extension cable you can buy, then swap the in bed 7 pin with the one in the bumper. Now you have the 7 pin and flat 4 in the bumper, and 7 pin and video connection in the bed. Just saw a guy has a YouTube on it with part number. “Burning rubber” channel.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim2542 View Post
    There is an extension cable you can buy, then swap the in bed 7 pin with the one in the bumper. Now you have the 7 pin and flat 4 in the bumper, and 7 pin and video connection in the bed. Just saw a guy has a YouTube on it with part number. “Burning rubber” channel.
    Thanks for following up. I swapped the 4pin/7pin a few months ago. I also ran the camera coax so it comes out at the pin. Very easy once you have the cables.
    Ron & Kim
    Flint, MI
    2023 GMC 3500 SRW
    2018 Solitude 375RES

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I would have seen this thread sooner. I just installed my new camera several days ago for use with my new 3500 GMC dually and today was the maiden voyage. I tested the length of the camera wire making a sharp right hand turn and I had plenty of slack. Well, my bad because apparently I didn't leave enough slack for a tight left hand turn and I ripped the plug apart this afternoon. Thank you for the link to the amazon coax ends, much cheaper than the ends on ebay. I am hoping I can cancel the ebay plug I ordered, but I also ordered the amazon ends. I really like the camera, very clear and stable. Kind of pricey though and why on earth did GM put the camera plugs in the bumper and a 4 pin inside the box?
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here was my journey. Much more $ when I put it all together, and most of it could have been avoided. Oh well.....
    Coax cables to swap Bumper/Bed 7 Pin connectors:
    https://www.pasternack.com/

$33.89 SKU: PE3C2779-36
    Water Blue FAKRA Plug to FAKRA Jack Low Loss Cable 36 Inch Length Using LMR-100 Coax
    $32.89 SKU: PE3W08444-36
    Black FAKRA Jack to FAKRA Plug Low Loss Cable 36 Inch Length Using LMR-100 Coax

Extend Camera Coax:
    I needed to do this to extend the damaged camera connector up thru the 5th wheel interior so it come out near the pin.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    $18.91 Amphenol CO-058TNCMFRP-015 Black RG58 RP-TNC Coaxial Extension Cable, Male to Female, 15'

Coax repair crimper: $25
    Note this comes with connectors, but none of them are the correct ones. I am not making any recommendation for this tool.

Replacement connector: $16.98 (10pcs)

A few notes: When replacing a damaged connector on the camera, it is glued and you need to use a heat gun/hair dryer to loosen. There was a good youtube on this.

Take a good look at the coax connectors you think you need. BNC/TNC & male/Female get confusing.
    Ron & Kim
    Flint, MI
    2023 GMC 3500 SRW
    2018 Solitude 375RES

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for following up. I swapped the 4pin/7pin a few months ago. I also ran the camera coax so it comes out at the pin. Very easy once you have the cables.
    Any pointers on how you fished tha cake out at the pin box? I tried maneuvering an about 3/16 stiff piece of fish steel starting at the existing hole and I didn’t make it far.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonecop1 View Post
    Any pointers on how you fished tha cake out at the pin box? I tried maneuvering an about 3/16 stiff piece of fish steel starting at the existing hole and I didn’t make it far.
    I drilled a new hole back a few inches from the pin. That got me into an open chamber that goes to the front basement. Then I ran a wire backward to the basement (where I already had previously ran the coax) with the extended cable I mentioned above.
    I really want to like the camera, but I spent more time installing than I ever spend using. lol.
    Ron & Kim
    Flint, MI
    2023 GMC 3500 SRW
    2018 Solitude 375RES

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drilled a new hole back a few inches from the pin. That got me into an open chamber that goes to the front basement. Then I ran a wire backward to the basement (where I already had previously ran the coax) with the extended cable I mentioned above.
    I really want to like the camera, but I spent more time installing than I ever spend using. lol.
    Thanks for the reply, hopefully won’t have too much time in it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12