User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Can you provide links to everything you had to purchase to do this? Thanks in advance.
    Sparky - check out post #4 and $6 for some of the parts. Not sure about what p/n for the side cameras but I'll bet Amazon will show a link.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the three camera bundle on Amazon. It had the adapter cables for the Furrion included. Only thing I bought extra was the rear view mirror mount to use rather than dash mount.
    Haloview Byte Tango 1080P HD Wireless 3-Camera System BT7 Plus

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the camera direct from Haloview. It's $30 cheaper than Amazon and there is free shipping and no tax. Got the rear view mirror mount for $8.99 directly from the site also. $348.98 total to my door on DHL.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    I bought the camera direct from Haloview. It's $30 cheaper than Amazon and there is free shipping and no tax. Got the rear view mirror mount for $8.99 directly from the site also. $348.98 total to my door on DHL.

Thanks... This is one I'll be looking into purchasing.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    I'm perplexed at how not so many years ago we could get pulled over for things hanging from the rear view mirror as it could "obstruct your vision" and these days it's review monitors, phones, dash cams, go pros, and sometimes all these things at once. How is that possible?
    Before you know it, you'll need a front camera with monitor to see past all the obstructions mounted in your field of view.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the camera installed. Seems like really nice, solid equipment. Would have been totally plug and play to the Furrion prep if GD had not wired the trailer for constant power on that plug instead of on the marker light circuit. Easy enough fix to tap into the marker light right below the camera but still a bit frustrating. Had to mod the mirror mount a bit. The velcro straps were way too long for my plain Jane mirror on my Ram Tradesman dually. Bought some replacement velcro strapping from Amazon. All good now. Love the camera.

2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered the Haloview BT7 in December. If you are using the side cameras with the trigger wire, there is a flaw with this system. When the blinker is used the camera will go to the appropriate side camera. However, if the brake is applied the monitor goes blank and the system does not know which camera to go back to. There is a video from a gentleman who stated he corrected this issue by installing a Curtis Converter box. We did this and after installing two of them because the box would buzz when the brakes were applied, I called Curtis. They told me the box was not intended for this use and not to use. We were concerned that the box would heat up and potentially cause a fire. We just had a rv camera installation tech look at it and he is baffled why it doesn’t work. I bought this unit directly from the website ( China). The support has not been good. You can email them but no US phone number. When I asked them about this flaw I was told to install the converter box which the gentleman had said he was going to contact Haloview about his fix which isn’t really a fix. While we love the clarity while using the backup camera I am disappointed it does not work while using our blinkers. Have any of come across this issue?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobynM View Post
    We ordered the Haloview BT7 in December. If you are using the side cameras with the trigger wire, there is a flaw with this system. When the blinker is used the camera will go to the appropriate side camera. However, if the brake is applied the monitor goes blank and the system does not know which camera to go back to. There is a video from a gentleman who stated he corrected this issue by installing a Curtis Converter box. We did this and after installing two of them because the box would buzz when the brakes were applied, I called Curtis. They told me the box was not intended for this use and not to use. We were concerned that the box would heat up and potentially cause a fire. We just had a rv camera installation tech look at it and he is baffled why it doesn’t work. I bought this unit directly from the website ( China). The support has not been good. You can email them but no US phone number. When I asked them about this flaw I was told to install the converter box which the gentleman had said he was going to contact Haloview about his fix which isn’t really a fix. While we love the clarity while using the backup camera I am disappointed it does not work while using our blinkers. Have any of come across this issue?
    You might find this thread useful (https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post470317).
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    I did the same thing. Mine is to arrive tomorrow and I hope to install it this weekend. I also purchased the mirror mount and the extended rear camera antenna to ensure I have enough signal since I did not get the repeater. We'll see how it all works. I've heard nothing but good reports from those that have this setup.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Just got the AMTIFO (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B078PDH6Z8) camera. It looks pretty similar to the Halo for considerably less. I'd love to see your tips for the install. We have the Lippert camera currently which is useless in my opinion. I've tested the AMTIFO and it has the best picture of any backup camera I've seen. But its footprint is smaller than the Lippert so I'm concerned with how I'm going to cover and seal the hole when I remove the Lippert.
    A quick word about "off brands" on Amazon. There are a LOT of Chinese sellers offering brands that don't actually exist. If you search Antifo you won't find a manufacturer website or any company info. Any "review" websites will point you back to the seller on Amazon, eBay etc. And if you look at seller info on Amazon you will see an address in China. I'm not saying everything sold from China is fake or bad, but there ARE many sellers that take a brand and either produce a knock-off or invent a brand name. Some of them are kind of hilarious actually. They don't speak English, so they input random letters from the alphabet and come up with a made up word - like ANTIFO. I hope the camera works well for you, just be aware that the seller will disappear from Amazon eventually and you won't have a manufacturer to contact for parts or service.
    If you've never heard of a brand, Google it to make sure they exist. I learned the hard way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast