User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new Haloview HD 1080p RV rear observation camera system is amazing

I recently installed the Haloview Byte Tango BT7 on our 2021 Reflection 337RLS. It is the best, high definition system that I've ever seen. It's loaded with features, and it's an easy install with the existing Furrion prep mount. The BT7 includes an adapter plug or you can hardwire it.
    PM me if you buy it, and I'Il share my installation tips.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	258AEAB6-2775-4DE7-84A2-5BD9EBEF74FC_1_201_a.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	171.7 KB 
ID:	42934

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks like great option. Thanks for posting.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried ordering it through the website. I got an email back from them telling me am I sure I want this product, that I should get the extender version for anything over 30 feet I believe. I ended up getting the extender version with a 5 inch screen and it’s flawless so far.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    I recently installed the Haloview Byte Tango BT7 on our 2021 Reflection 337RLS. It is the best, high definition system that I've ever seen. It's loaded with features, and it's an easy install with the existing Furrion prep mount. The BT7 includes an adapter plug or you can hardwire it.

Do you need to buy this extra bracket for the Furrion? I see conflicting info on Amazon. Also, how did you mount the monitor? I see a windshield mount on Amazon for it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SBTPHCM...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Name:	51vqqVinfEL._AC_SL1100_.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	42938
    Last edited by TerryH; 09-07-2022 at 03:03 PM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    Do you need to buy this extra bracket for the Furrion? I see conflicting info on Amazon. Also, how did you mount the monitor? I see a windshield mount on Amazon for it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SBTPHCM...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Name:	51vqqVinfEL._AC_SL1100_.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	42938
    Mine came with that bracket. Order the Furrion compatible one from their site. I use extender too. Transceiver sits on the roof right behind the front cap. It works great, especially when I tilt it up three clicks and use it as a rearview wide-angle camera. Makes passing/lane changes super convenient if the image in your mirror is the same car as the image on the camera. Haloview rear camera is the single best mod I've made to my RV. I have the side cameras too, which I rarely use unless I'm in super busy multi-lane city traffic.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post

Just got the AMTIFO (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B078PDH6Z8) camera. It looks pretty similar to the Halo for considerably less. I'd love to see your tips for the install. We have the Lippert camera currently which is useless in my opinion. I've tested the AMTIFO and it has the best picture of any backup camera I've seen. But its footprint is smaller than the Lippert so I'm concerned with how I'm going to cover and seal the hole when I remove the Lippert.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine came with the Furrion adapter, and I used Halloview's gasket to mount to my RV. I removed the entire Furrion camera prep and went from there.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my installation tips:Haloview Byte Tango HD 1080p BT7 Camera System Installation

The boxed system comes with a monitor manual and also a camera manual. If you would like an electronic manual, download the manual - it is one document. https://haloview-user-manual.s3.us-e...ser_Manual.pdf

Read through the manuals and highlight what you believe is important.

NOTE: The system comes already paired by Haloview to CAM channel 4, so you do not need to do the pairing.

You can verify the pairing by installing one antenna on the camera and two antennae on the monitor, and then using the Pairing Cable (a Y cable that will connect to both the camera and monitor) and the Cigarette Lighter adapter (it has an On/Off Button that lights when power is flowing). You can use the lighter plug in your vehicle or another 12v source.

Push the Adapter’s button and the camera lights may go on (depends on location lighting) and the monitor will show a screen.

Press the S button located on the Top Right side of the Monitor until CAM 4 is displayed in the Upper Left corner of the monitor. Within seconds the camera’s view will display on the monitor.

Mounting the camera on an RV with a Furrion pre-wired camera cap.

Completely remove the Furrion cap. Clean the residue around the hole where the 12v power supply wire plug (female) comes through a routing hole. Do NOT allow the wire to retract into the hole and only light test its length.

Using a Sharpie, mark the holes of the included Rubber Gasket on your trailer where the camera will be mounted. The Furrion holes did not line up with the Haloview Gasket (I had to drop the gasket down slightly to clear the RV’s red light above the camera).

Drill small starter holes in the four marked holes for the camera’s installation screws.

Thread the camera’s cord through the hole in the camera’s Cover. Screw the cover on with the four provided screws.

Roll the cord up in the cover’s space and run the cord threw the back part of the cover. Check to see if you can feed the cord back and forth. Screw this partition to the back of the cover.

For additional sealant, you may apply a caulk to the back of the rubber basket. Note: the lip side will rim the camera cover.

Install the 6” Haloview to Furrion adapter cable. Tape both ends as these wires can easily come apart. I also first use conductive grease in the adapter.

Screw the assembled camera through the gasket to the RV. I used 1/2” screws. Extend the camera’s antenna straight up.

Mount the Monitor to your preference in your tow vehicle’s cab. Be sure its two antennae are straight up. Power it up. Your back view should appear within seconds.

If the monitor displays a mirror image, check with page 11 of the manual to reverse the image.
    Last edited by Ranger Rick; 09-07-2022 at 04:08 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stephen,
    Done = posted my installation tips.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in. Just ordered the camera system with the rear view mirror mount for the monitor.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast