User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Nice mod, what did you use to cut the plate?
    drew a straight line using a "white-out" pen (narrow line) and an angle grinder . Then sanded the cut smooth.

Yes i have used my leaf blower , but have to be careful i don't blow back into the trailer. No matter what method always had some "CRUMBS" falling off the top step ..hope it now stops
    2022 Solitude 378mbs-r with 3rd air and solar package, Flux Capacitor pending, Removed Nautilus and replaced with the Bruce Select-A-Matic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I hear ya. Here is what I have to work with, as far as room to get the step down...and the Solid Steps were just not working....
    I am envious of your "problem"! Nice set up; and it's clear that the Solid Steps are not viable. Mine sits in an open field.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    I am envious of your "problem"! Nice set up; and it's clear that the Solid Steps are not viable. Mine sits in an open field.
    Thank you Keebler, it's definitely a tight fit. It was basically my only option though....detached garage on one side and road right-of-way/easement on the other side....but it does fit...just barely. I quickly learned after the first time I backed it into that area (many starts/stops/repositioning) that I needed a marker to line up the tires of the trailer for backing it in. That's what the RED paint line stripe is about on the concrete. There is another red line further back, to keep me on course. There isn't much room for error, so I take it slow and easy.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Is that one of those DIY kits? How is it held to the ground? Thinking maybe that's the way I should go, looks like a good setup.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Is that one of those DIY kits? How is it held to the ground? Thinking maybe that's the way I should go, looks like a good setup.
    No, it's not a DIY kit, although I guess if you have the equipment, manpower, and ladders etc, it could be done. If I remember correctly the company that put it up for me had like 5 guys here that day and it still took them approx. 5 1/2 hours...and that is an experienced team of guys doing it. It is 13' wide, with 13' tall legs, and 46' long. I also opted for the high wind version as we get some pretty good winds here in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. They also used the type of ground anchors that have the auger type heavy duty screw ins. Once they are in place, the bottom rails are then bolted to the anchors. I purchased this through Bulldogsteelstructures.com
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it's not a DIY kit,
    I was thinking that looked like unistrut......
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I was thinking that looked like unistrut......
    Definitely not unistrut. It's either 2" or 2 1/2" square galv. tubing...12ga material
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it's not a DIY kit, although I guess if you have the equipment, manpower, and ladders etc, it could be done. If I remember correctly the company that put it up for me had like 5 guys here that day and it still took them approx. 5 1/2 hours...and that is an experienced team of guys doing it. It is 13' wide, with 13' tall legs, and 46' long. I also opted for the high wind version as we get some pretty good winds here in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. They also used the type of ground anchors that have the auger type heavy duty screw ins. Once they are in place, the bottom rails are then bolted to the anchors. I purchased this through Bulldogsteelstructures.com
    Uh yeah, that would be a challenge to do DIY. Thanks for the info. Gives me some ideas though. I was waiting for a few years thinking about a fully enclosed structure but don't really want to spend that much on it since I just want to cover the trailer. Something for me to ponder...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Uh yeah, that would be a challenge to do DIY. Thanks for the info. Gives me some ideas though. I was waiting for a few years thinking about a fully enclosed structure but don't really want to spend that much on it since I just want to cover the trailer. Something for me to ponder...
    Well, even just a cover like I have isn't cheap, but it sure does protect the paint and roof a lot.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love hearing everyone's ideas and what works for them, as we all have something a littlClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Porch.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	43042e different. My trailer rarely moves so I went another route. porch has since been stained to match.
    2021 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW Air-ride
    B&W 25k Companion puck system
    2012 Forest River Cardinal 3550RL
    39 months to retirement, WE WILL GET THERE!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast