User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OneControl touch panel update?

I'm getting a message on my touch screen in the trailer that there's an update available. Says it'll take 20 minutes and not to power down the unit. I tell it to go ahead and then... Nothing happens.

Anyone else get this message and either having the same problem or getting a successful update?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it connected to the internet some way? If not, I would look into that.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    Is it connected to the internet some way? If not, I would look into that.
    Yeah, it's connected, I can hit it remotely. In fact, I suppose it has to be connected to even get the notice that an update is available.

Anyone else get this message? Able to do the update? Anything substantial in it?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll just leave this here. I'm NOT a fan of updating something that is working. I have a 2018 Momentum that I purchased in early 2019, brand new. I have never once done an update to the One Control and see absolutely zero reason(s) to do do. It works, and I'm happy with it. I had a high school shop teacher who always used to tell us..."If the D**m thing works, leave it alone.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I'll just leave this here. I'm NOT a fan of updating something that is working. I have a 2018 Momentum that I purchased in early 2019, brand new. I have never once done an update to the One Control and see absolutely zero reason(s) to do do. It works, and I'm happy with it. I had a high school shop teacher who always used to tell us..."If the D**m thing works, leave it alone.
    xrated - I just had a good chuckle from your posting. A lot of wisdom in your shop teacher's saying and your "Do Do". One control IMO is "Do Do"! HAHAHA!!!

We have never had a problem with our One Control either - cause we don't have it!

I remember reading in Trailer Life mag a long time ago their editors were complaining that the new RVs being manufactured were not smart enough. They thought the manufacturers should add in all kinds of remote controls and software controlled "dodads". I wrote back to tell them, be careful what you wish for, you make get it, then regret it!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 09-11-2022 at 07:24 AM. Reason: additional
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    xrated - I just had a good chuckle from your posting. A lot of wisdom in your shop teacher's saying and your "Do Do". One control IMO is "Do Do"! HAHAHA!!!

We have never had a problem with our One Control either - cause we don't have it!

I remember reading in Trailer Life mag a long time ago their editors were complaining that the new RVs being manufactured were not smart enough. They thought the manufacturers should add in all kinds of remote controls and software controlled "dodads". I wrote back to tell them, be careful what you wish for, you make get it, then regret it!
    My biggest complaint, and I'm sure that includes many others, is that the only way to control some of the stuff is either via the One Control panel tablet...or by using the One Control app on a phone. In other words, the lack of physical switches to perform simple tasks like turning lights on/off....or deploying an awning.

I have solved the lack of physical switches for lighting by adding my own switches. They work in conjunction with the existing One Control and have made life easier by not always having to use the Tablet or fire up the phone app for those simple, and sometimes often tasks. I won't go into the depth of how it's accomplished, but it solves most of my complaints about the system. Mine is a 2018 model, and later versions of the One Control have added even more features....like temperature control via the tablet/app. I'm OK with mine not having that, but I have added a MicroAir Thermostat to the main AC/Heat pump in mine and have the ability to control that unit either from the thermostat itself, or via Bluetooth on my phone, or via WiFi/internet from anywhere I am and have internet service on my phone. This also serves as a temperature monitor for the inside, in case we leave our furry friend at the camper for a short time.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest complaint, and I'm sure that includes many others, is that the only way to control some of the stuff is either via the One Control panel tablet...or by using the One Control app on a phone. In other words, the lack of physical switches to perform simple tasks like turning lights on/off....or deploying an awning.

I have solved the lack of physical switches for lighting by adding my own switches. They work in conjunction with the existing One Control and have made life easier by not always having to use the Tablet or fire up the phone app for those simple, and sometimes often tasks. I won't go into the depth of how it's accomplished, but it solves most of my complaints about the system. Mine is a 2018 model, and later versions of the One Control have added even more features....like temperature control via the tablet/app. I'm OK with mine not having that, but I have added a MicroAir Thermostat to the main AC/Heat pump in mine and have the ability to control that unit either from the thermostat itself, or via Bluetooth on my phone, or via WiFi/internet from anywhere I am and have internet service on my phone. This also serves as a temperature monitor for the inside, in case we leave our furry friend at the camper for a short time.
    They have wised up and added physical switches for (most) lights, slides, etc on the newer models. Way faster and less aggravation waiting for one-control to respond to each button push, by simply using the switch under the cupboard on our 2022 351M-R.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    They have wised up and added physical switches for (most) lights, slides, etc on the newer models. Way faster and less aggravation waiting for one-control to respond to each button push, by simply using the switch under the cupboard on our 2022 351M-R.
    That sure would have saved me a lot of work if they had done that on my 2018 model. I added a total of 6 switches that are tied into the One Control, had to get into the programming mode to make some changes, but it all turned out really good, so I'm happy that I did it. It was a fun project, but then again I'm an Electrician...so it was challenging, yet fun.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sure would have saved me a lot of work if they had done that on my 2018 model. I added a total of 6 switches that are tied into the One Control, had to get into the programming mode to make some changes, but it all turned out really good, so I'm happy that I did it. It was a fun project, but then again I'm an Electrician...so it was challenging, yet fun.
    Wait, hold on! [emoji16] An electrician making two claims about low voltage! One, that it was a fun project! And most odd, that it was challenging? All the electricians I have worked with (being the low voltage guy) scoffed at me for working with DC and less than 48 volts! [emoji4][emoji57]

I just giving you a hard time, since I very rarely get to ever give an electrician a hard time.

(I also forgot you are a moderator... This post might be a mistake, now that I think about it...)
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Wait, hold on! [emoji16] An electrician making two claims about low voltage! One, that it was a fun project! And most odd, that it was challenging? All the electricians I have worked with (being the low voltage guy) scoffed at me for working with DC and less than 48 volts! [emoji4][emoji57]

I just giving you a hard time, since I very rarely get to ever give an electrician a hard time.

(I also forgot you are a moderator... This post might be a mistake, now that I think about it...)
    LOL.....no worries, I retired a little over two years ago and there's no one around to give me a hard time like in the past. The only reason it was "challenging" is because I had to figure out the "magic" box, aka One Control. I also had to get into the programming area of it and add a switch in the software.....with no backup of the existing programming. That was was either brave....or stupid, and I still haven't decided which. In addition to the that, I added 6 physical switches that inputs to the one control so that the tablet/phone don't have to be used to turn stuff on.

It's all just voltage....12VDC, 5V logic circuits, 480 three ø....I've worked on all of it. The job I retired from was almost all high voltage stuff.....4160VAC and 13.8Kv...maint. and repair and troubleshooting. The nice thing about being retired, I get to pick and choose what I want to do....and how long it takes, and whether or not I even want to do it. In the case of the One Control, I added a little more magic to the "magic" box. In other words...I won, and more importantly, I didn't let any smoke out.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast