User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devanl View Post
    As a side note, does anyone find it unusual that the housing used rivets instead of screws with a fuse inside?
    No. Just because it has a fuse does not mean it's a user serviceable fuse. It is probably meant to prevent a huge problem inside the converter. Replacing it without fixing the problem is a waste of time. Since many of us just replace parts vs repairing them, there is no reason to put in screws either. There are some fortunate people here that could look at a circuit board and know what is going on and make the tests/repairs needed to get it going. Those that do, know how to drill out the rivets.

Do as you wish, but since the converter has seen better days, I would get something bigger. If lithium is in the future, get one that can handle that. If not, it still might be a good idea to get one as a selling feature for the next owner. Since lithium batteries like to gobble up all the electrons you can feed it, I would get a larger converter too. 100A would be the least I would get. Faster charging and if you use the generator to charge, less generator time too.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up going with the AIMS Power CON120AC1224DC. It had PFC and a broad support for batteries and I'm thinking this could be the year I jump from Lead Acid to LiFePO4. Seems to be working well

Thanks for all the encouragement.
    2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 Ford Expedition XLT w/ Heavy Duty Tow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12