User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you can see my wood valance tucks behind the factory valance, put a tiny screw through the new wood valance into the factory valance to hold it in place. Then I used L angle bracket on the inside and mounted that to the RV wall along with some glue.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI,

The 2023 Solitudes do not have vertical valance as well. They have been eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    Good day,
    We are former motor home full-timers (40' Newmar Ventana LE sold in May) and are looking at getting back into RV'ing, but on a more seasonal site basis. In other words, not running the roads like we did, just snow-birding between AZ and CO.
    We have always been fans of the GD fifth wheels and are currently looking at the 345GK-R and the 3330RE-R S-class. I thought I was aware of all the differences (no hydraulics, no central vac, cheaper hitch pin, standard windows, etc. Then I was looking at 3330 pics on line yesterday and noticed there were no vertical window valances to keep the roller blinds tucked in. The 345 and other full Solitudes show side valances.
    So I assume this is an S-class thing to reduce cost and/or weight?
    And have any of you S-class owners noticed a lack of privacy or light coming around the blinds? Is there a ready made solution? Or would it require custom building valances? My wife loves her privacy and this could be a deciding factor come time to purchase. Really like the 3330 floorplan better for our purposes, but its' these little things that make an RV comfortable long term.
    Thanks in advance for any input.
    SteveM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12