User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Shout Out to Grand Design Customer Service

My 1st post is to give an A++ to the GD customer service dept. I have recently joined the bent axle club on our 2018 Imagine 2800BH. I called GD this morning and gave them the vin# on my rig as well as part# for the fouled up axle. Immediately I was informed that the axles I have now are part of a service bulletin and they (GD) would be shipping me new axles,springs, A/P kit, wheels, (6 bolt instead of 5 I have now) tires. Everything I will be needing to make this change is going to be sent to me. I am fairly handy and have brother who is very handy and will probably tackle this job as opposed to getting time with an RV repair shop.

I know this may belong in the Axle Thread but the main point I want to make is the positive experience I had with Grand Design Customer Service!!
    Ono Bono
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ono Bono View Post
    My 1st post is to give an A++ to the GD customer service dept. I have recently joined the bent axle club on our 2018 Imagine 2800BH. I called GD this morning and gave them the vin# on my rig as well as part# for the fouled up axle. Immediately I was informed that the axles I have now are part of a service bulletin and they (GD) would be shipping me new axles,springs, A/P kit, wheels, (6 bolt instead of 5 I have now) tires. Everything I will be needing to make this change is going to be sent to me. I am fairly handy and have brother who is very handy and will probably tackle this job as opposed to getting time with an RV repair shop.

I know this may belong in the Axle Thread but the main point I want to make is the positive experience I had with Grand Design Customer Service!!
    First off, welcome to the forum. And thanks for sharing this story. This forum is run by and fueled by GD owners like yourself. Some of us have had issues with GD CS, but there are many more stories like yours about how GD CS has come through for them.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome that GD came through with some upgrades to boot! Wonder if this is an upcoming recall ?

Welcome to the forum and GD family!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is great. I have a bent axle on my 21BHE, called GD and they just told me to call lippert. There seems to be an issue with under design on the 3000# axles.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2018 and some 2019 models had 3500# axles then they switched to the 4400# axles

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 2800BH and had the same issues. I had the selling dealer that we bought it used from repair the rear one after we bought it, then on a whim I contacted GD about them being the 3500lb. They immediately sent out the upgraded axles, tires and paid for the swap. I know there is another thread going on about the CS from GD being bad, but we had excellent service with ours earlier this spring.
    2019 Imagine 2800BH “Chaos”
    2009 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Power “Nessy”

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The microwave in our ‘22 310 is showing some arcing between the door and main body. One call, an email from GD, email back with pics, and they are sending me a new one to my door. Kudos to them.
    I’ll have to install it myself, but that’s ok. It saves me several hours of driving to the dealer!
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)