Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 380FL Generator order Cummins Oman 5500 QG

Hello all,

New here and to the rv life. I have a 22 Solitude 380FL currently in the Illinois area trying to figure out how to obtain a generator as my rig is prepped for. Who did you order your Cummins 5500 QG Lp from? If shipped how long did it take? I have been placing calls for days and haven’t received any luck. Has anyone bought used? Any info would be appreciated. Also why is there now switch/led gauge in my control panel does the prep package truly not include that?

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickp3d View Post
    Hello all,

New here and to the rv life. I have a 22 Solitude 380FL currently in the Illinois area trying to figure out how to obtain a generator as my rig is prepped for. Who did you order your Cummins 5500 QG Lp from? If shipped how long did it take? I have been placing calls for days and haven’t received any luck. Has anyone bought used? Any info would be appreciated. Also why is there now switch/led gauge in my control panel does the prep package truly not include that?
    There's still quite a shortage of generators of there. Can't help to locate one but might suggest a Cummins dealer if you haven't already. As for the gen prep... it's a joke. They really don't do much from the factory other than a "fire shield" and some wiring. I think some models the gen prep does include the transfer switch, but I haven't heard any consistency there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    There's still quite a shortage of generators of there. Can't help to locate one but might suggest a Cummins dealer if you haven't already. As for the gen prep... it's a joke. They really don't do much from the factory other than a "fire shield" and some wiring. I think some models the gen prep does include the transfer switch, but I haven't heard any consistency there.

Thank you sir, confirms my suspicions about the shortage. I have contacted a few dealers in the area and will wish for the best as we are headed into the Rockies for winter. Remember back when you use to be able to go to the store and just buy what you needed? Haha thanks brother.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to Solar Systems and Generators.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickp3d View Post
    Hello all,

I went thru Cummins directly for mine, but I ordered a QD. [email protected]
    He serves Northern IL and SE Wisconsin
    I had the genny prep, and have a start/stop switch and hour meter in my control panel.
    It’s tough to get one now, as they are all going to the manufacturers. My date was April, but it looks like they came up with one last week. Don’t have it yet though…
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)