User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that you have a VOM, what does the battery voltage drop to when you try to run the slide out?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMan View Post
    Hi Bill: Great advice. I have traced through the auto reversing solenoid. Each connector comes on depending on the direction of the slide action and I get 12.x volts. So I traced to the pump and again depending on the direction of the slide I get 12.x volts on one of the poles. So the problem appears to be the pump is not responding to current from the solenoid as this is the end of the power line. Make sense?

Attachment 42972
    Also, make sure that all the ground connections are good...i.e. not loose, not corroded, not burnt, etc. It may actually be the pump motor itself, but let's not assume that just yet.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Also, make sure that all the ground connections are good...i.e. not loose, not corroded, not burnt, etc. It may actually be the pump motor itself, but let's not assume that just yet.
    Agreed, one at a time verify and eliminate. It is looking more and more like the pump, but verify those grounds for sure!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes sir. It drops about .2 - .5 volts.
    Tom (Certified Full Time Newbie)
    2022 Grand Design Momentum 397THS
    2022 Ford F450 DRW
    Current Home Base Jacksonville, FL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all: I have checked all of the ground points in the circuit for continuity to the chassis and they appear strong. I have a tech coming in the morning, I will ask him to verify what I have found and hopefully he has a pump on the truck. It seems many brands use the same pump. I also found a video that shows how to manually spin the pump and bring in the slides, but that is a last resort and only if Grand Design says its ok as this should be a warranty issue.

You all are great. Here I a a new guy on the site and you are so responsive!! I've also learned quite a bit today! I am still stuck but I feel smarter! LOL
    Tom (Certified Full Time Newbie)
    2022 Grand Design Momentum 397THS
    2022 Ford F450 DRW
    Current Home Base Jacksonville, FL

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes sir. It drops about .2 - .5 volts.
    I would consider .5 volt drop under load max drop.

You also mentioned that the starting voltage was 12.4. That is tad low, a hare above 70% SOC.

Even more important to check those grounds.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember a few years back taking an ohm reading on the motor windings of the pump motor, but for the life of me, I don't remember what they were or what they should be.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for giggles, if you have a pair of jumper cables hook the truck battery to the RV battery and then try the pump. It is possible the battery just doesn’t have quite enough energy to run the pump.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    Just for giggles, if you have a pair of jumper cables hook the truck battery to the RV battery and then try the pump. It is possible the battery just doesn’t have quite enough energy to run the pump.
    That's possible, but if the battery were really weak, turning on the pump should pull the battery down to very low voltage, and it only drops it a few tenths.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all: I have checked all of the ground points in the circuit for continuity to the chassis and they appear strong. I have a tech coming in the morning, I will ask him to verify what I have found and hopefully he has a pump on the truck. It seems many brands use the same pump. I also found a video that shows how to manually spin the pump and bring in the slides, but that is a last resort and only if Grand Design says its ok as this should be a warranty issue.

You all are great. Here I a a new guy on the site and you are so responsive!! I've also learned quite a bit today! I am still stuck but I feel smarter! LOL
    I had a similar experience earlier this year. The hydraulics would not respond until I ‘bumped’ the switch in the opposite direction (ie if extending landing gear I would bump it in the retract direction) several times. Turns out it was the pump relay not the pump itself.
    Last edited by Bungy; 09-10-2022 at 09:33 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast