User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMan View Post
    Hi All - I hate that this has to be my first post, but:

I have a 2020 Momentum 397THS. I've had it for three months and was at a park in Jacksonville FL for that time. I am on my first trip and used a Harvest Host in GA for one night. After getting set up last night, I wanted to get an early start. All was well until I tried to retract the main two hydraulic slides. All I get is a click from the relay next to the hydraulic reservoir. I've powered down the rig and then up again. I've tried it with and without the generator. Same thing.

I called Lazy Days tech support (they were very patient and helpful) but nothing they suggested worked. They feel the relay is at fault. They want me to bring it in but of course I can't move.

As I can't move, I need to get a mobile tech. Grand Design is closed for the weekend so I can't get pre-approval under the warranty. But I can't stay at the Harvest Host for more than a day or two.

I have a tech who is going to come out on Sunday but I thought I would reach out and see if anyone has any ideas. As there is a click, I would assume there is power so no fuse issue. Any thoughts?

Really pretty disappointed for my first trip and this happens. I have a two month trip planned that just got derailed.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Tom
    Good Job Getting that Multi-meter.

I recently experienced the same issue(s). The problem was a dead 12v battery (our disconnect switch got turned off). Your multi-meter reading of 12.4v is low, if your generator is running you should be seeing readings of at least 13.2v.

Your best bet is to attach jumper cables (or a good Jump Box) to your battery and bring in the slides.

Unfortunately, you will also find you have a second problem with your Landing Gear Control. By testing the Landing Gear with a dead battery, there is a good chance that you have blown the "in-line" fuse for your Landing Gear (mine blew). The in-line fuse is usually located behind the battery under a black plastic cover (sometimes it is not under the cover, but very close by). Pull that fuse and determine if it has blown, if yes, replace the fuse (maybe another trip to the auto parts store) and your Landing Gear should work (maybe keep the jumper cables on it until you get the front raised enough to get under it.

PS: I recommend you carry a good quality Jump box for situations like this, If you drive a Diesel, you are going to need a pretty heavy duty one (I have the Norco GB 150 and it will crank a Diesel with a dead battery).

Good Luck and let us know what the problem turns out to be.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a bad inline breaker.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a month later so I'm sure you've gotten your answer. We had the exact same thing happen to us and although we were still connected to shore power neither the slides nor jacks would come up.
    The cause in our case, the battery switch had inadvertently been turned off. Once that switch was turned to "on" position, everything worked just fine. We were told by Grand Design that even though we're connected to shore power, everything goes through the battery. The battery switch must be turned ON.
    Worked for us but sure was a frustrating 30 minutes of going through fuses and everything else we could think of.
    Happy Trails and safe travels.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234