User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC210 View Post
    I am interested in converting over to Lithium (LiFePo4) battery but will need to change out my WFCO Converter/Power Panel. I currently have the WFCO 35 amp model WF-2735-PB converter and the WF-8735-PB Power Panle (I think based on the Data Sheet that came with the 22MLE. Any recommendation on a converter/power panel? I found one RV store - WFCO WF-8735-AD for about $230. Seems reasonable but I want to be able to to run 2 - 200ah lithium batteries down the road for boondocking.
    The WFCO 8735 AD Converter you are considering is only 35 amps. If you install 200ah of Lithium batteries it will take a long time to charge your batteries if you ever need to charge them from a generator. I would recommend at least a 55 to 70 amp Lithium Converter, I also would recommend a Progressive Dynamics Converter over WFCO as I haven't heard any positive things about the WFCO AD Converters.

You might need to switch to a stand-alone Converter to get the higher amperage, you can just disconnect the old WFCO Converter and leave it in place (if you want to).
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    How much charging current can realistically be realized from the 7 pin 12V line? Adding a second alternator/charger would be limited by built in wiring. Just wondering if that is cost effective or run the second alternator and a separate wiring harness?

Not specifically questioned to your goals, just a general question.
    When you have a battery bank that is 200 to 400 ah or more, a ~ 30 amp, 7-pin connection is not going to contribute an much in the way of charge your battery bank.

To realistically charge from your truck, you would need to install a DC to DC Converter in the truck along with heavy duty cables.

In my situation I originally disconnected the charging from the truck to the camper, however I recently decided to install a DC to DC Converter in the truck because there have been a few days where I felt we did not get enough Solar charging and I would have liked to have had a bit more charge to start our evening with (usually, I ran the A/C too much during our lunch stop).
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12