Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that makes sense.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the Beechlane kit available on Amazon. Huge difference. Easy to install. I set the thermostat for the fans to come on at 75. It really moves the air.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in South Central Texas and the summer heat on the trailer (fridge side) was brutal depending on our camp site orientation. I did 2 things...installed 3 computer fans on the fridge fins to ensure we got circulation inside the fridge (power lead runs through the drip drain), which definitely helped, and then another 4 fans on the roof vent at the top of the space behind the fridge (sucking hot air out). The combination of these two made a huge difference. They are both hardwired to a switched 12V power lead behind the fridge. So fridge on, fans on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fridge Fan.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	43062

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof Fan.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	43061
    South Central Texas
    2021 Imagine XLS 21BHE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea those fans on the backs of refrigerators look like something out of a personal computer. They're there to help with the air flow out the chimney or in my case a top side vent on a slide.

I replaced my Atwood refrigerator with a Dometic of the same size. At the time, I realized that the hot air produced by the fridge was heating up the cabinetry it was mounted in too.

I re-engineered the Grand Design plywood baffle system to where the hot air goes directly up and out the side vent--and not in my cabinets. And I've had no problems with cooling--to the point where I can keep ice cream in the top freezer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, those are computer fans from my spare parts stash. Took me a couple hours to wire everything up.
    South Central Texas
    2021 Imagine XLS 21BHE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenSue View Post
    I have been thinking of putting a dual fan on the upper vent for the refrigerator in my 2019 Solitude 310GK. There is a little fan at the bottom of the outside of the refrigerator, but I've never hear or seen it work. Any suggestions?
    We put fans, both suction (on the bottom) and exhaust up high on our reflection years ago because we often camp in over 90゚ weather. It was the only way we could keep ice cream hard and the fridge below 45deg.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenSue View Post
    I have been thinking of putting a dual fan on the upper vent for the refrigerator in my 2019 Solitude 310GK. There is a little fan at the bottom of the outside of the refrigerator, but I've never hear or seen it work. Any suggestions?
    I don't know about the Dometic or other smaller fridges, but my 310GK has a 2118 four door Nevercold that has one bottom exterior fan & two upper exterior fans. I have added two large computer fans at the upper vent & two 12-volt fans on the interior fins. It has helped, but when the temps get to 90-100 fridge temps do creep up warmer than I like.
    The exterior fans do not run constantly...unless the fridge is struggling.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12