User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    This is not the case in many states. One would have to check on their state requirements separately. I cannot find a handy table for this like exists for the drivers licenses. Texas, Georgia, nor New Mexico use a "weighted tag" system.

Rob
    Is this (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...opoOmdVd58bmkt) what you meant?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Wonderful - thank you!!!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful - thank you!!!

Rob
    You're welcome, it looks like here in NH we pay the weight fee at the time of registration. There is no separate weighted tag.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not the case in many states. One would have to check on their state requirements separately. I cannot find a handy table for this like exists for the drivers licenses. Texas, Georgia, nor New Mexico use a "weighted tag" system.

Rob
    Good point Rob, so true. Many of the people at the DMVs don't really know. I got a normal tag for the truck and didn't realize, so had to call them back and ask about weighted tags in TN - yes, required. So had to turn in my 1-day old plate and get another new one.
    When in doubt, ask and check state laws.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just found out about this requirement while shopping for a dump trailer. Something I found interesting, at least here in TEXAS, is the dump trailer manufacture offered to de-rate the trailer to keep the CGVWR under 26K. I am curious if this is common for TT/5-er's? Something else I found interesting, is here in TEXAS, a state safety inspection is required for trailers with a GVWR of 7500 lbs or more. My TT has a GVWR of 7,495 lbs. Is this luck or by design????? Very interesting either way........
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgunter5 View Post
    I just found out about this requirement while shopping for a dump trailer. Something I found interesting, at least here in TEXAS, is the dump trailer manufacture offered to de-rate the trailer to keep the CGVWR under 26K. I am curious if this is common for TT/5-er's? Something else I found interesting, is here in TEXAS, a state safety inspection is required for trailers with a GVWR of 7500 lbs or more. My TT has a GVWR of 7,495 lbs. Is this luck or by design????? Very interesting either way........
    This does not happen with RVs. The GVWR is what it is on the sticker when it leaves the factory and cannot be changed. I'm sure the GVWR on your TT was by design.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevada Class A

Quote Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
    So to pull most solitudes you need the payload capacity of a dually. Doing so will put the combined truck and trailer weight over 26000 lbs. With that said is a CDL required since it would be for personal and not commercial use?

Nevada requires a Class A license if the tow vehicle and trailer exceed 26000 lbs. My truck is rated 14000 and my Solitude 16000.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
    NJ, I just read the CDL manual exemptions and there is a note stating the following on the last line:

Exemptions to CDL Requirements
    Taxi drivers, ride-sharing drivers, firefighters, First aid/rescue squad vehicle operators, farmers hauling their own products and equipment within 150 miles of their farms, non-civilian operators of military equipment, operators of limousines engaged in services related to the mortuary sciences and operators of construction equipment not designed for operation on public roads are exempt and should not apply for a CDL. Recreational vehicle operators are exempt if the vehicle is only for personal use.
    It's not a commercial drivers license. In those states that require a special license for RVs (the minority) over 26,000 lbs. CGVWR, it's called a Class A Non-Commercial Exempt. Here's a table listing state requirements - but NJ only has a link to the NJ state DL web site... which doesn't work.

https://changingears.com/rv-drivers-...-requirements/

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 09-18-2022 at 08:35 AM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Combined GVWR over 26,001 lbs regardless of actual scale weight CDL REQUIRED if commercial. RVs generally exempt
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2007 Dodge Ram Crew cab long bed cummins diesel dually 6spd Manual "Clifford the Big Red Truck"
    B & W companion hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heading to the Hershey RV show with the wife and Handycapped Bro-in-law Sunday. I like the Solitude 310GK-R and the Reflection 341RDS 5th wheelers. Wife wants washer and dryer and likes the central vac on the Solitude. Bro-in-law needs a comfortable place to sleep in. This journey has gone from buying a small TT to buying a house on wheels! Now I need a dually too.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast