User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
    Heading to the Hershey RV show with the wife and Handycapped Bro-in-law Sunday. I like the Solitude 310GK-R and the Reflection 341RDS 5th wheelers. Wife wants washer and dryer and likes the central vac on the Solitude. Bro-in-law needs a comfortable place to sleep in. This journey has gone from buying a small TT to buying a house on wheels! Now I need a dually too.
    Have fun there, just got back home from the show yesterday. They have some new floor plans at the show to check out. I was able to negotiate 24% off MSRP on a Momentum, so deals can be had. Not sure how the weekend will be, but it didnt seem very crowded on Wednesday or Thursday except at the food trucks around lunch time. Keep all your weapons somewhere else, you do have to go through a metal detector at the entrance.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Have fun there, just got back home from the show yesterday. They have some new floor plans at the show to check out. I was able to negotiate 24% off MSRP on a Momentum, so deals can be had. Not sure how the weekend will be, but it didnt seem very crowded on Wednesday or Thursday except at the food trucks around lunch time. Keep all your weapons somewhere else, you do have to go through a metal detector at the entrance.
    Will do! Thank you! Going to start with GD since the map is showing it in the corner. I hope there won’t be to many people in each TT we look at!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    So there you go.....and remember, if you are legal (driver's license wise) in your residence state, you are legal (driver's license wise) in every other state in the U.S......reciprocity between all states is in effect. Also remember, you still have to abide by the "Rules of the Road" laws in whatever state you are traveling in, and you should be golden.
    I believe the statement “ . . . You still have to abide by the “Rules of the Road” laws in whatever state you are traveling in . . . .” Is inaccurate. [forgive the capitalization my pad defaults to caps after any period] If your rig is legal in your state as long as you are legally registered in your state you are legal everywhere you travel. It’s the same rule as your drivers license. I know CA is attempting to challenge this with their new BS pollution inspection requirements, but we’ll see how long that lasts after a federal court challenge.
    Last edited by Ra&Ta350; 09-18-2022 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Clarifying

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra&Ta350 View Post
    I believe the statement “ . . . You still have to abide by the “Rules of the Road” laws in whatever state you are traveling in . . . .” Is inaccurate. [forgive the capitalization my pad defaults to caps after any period] If your rig is legal in your state as long as you are legally registered in your state you are legal everywhere you travel. It’s the same rule as your drivers license. I know CA is attempting to challenge this with their new BS pollution inspection requirements, but we’ll see how long that lasts after a federal court challenge.
    Maybe you are not understanding what is meant by "Rules of the Road". Speed limits, overall lengths of combined towing, allowing someone to ride in a towed trailer or not, Right turn on Red or not, overnight stays in rest areas or not, tire chains/traction devices at certain times of the year, etc. Rules of the road are laws that pertain to a given state that may or may not be different than your state of residence. Driver's license and registration requirements are universally reciprocal in every state....if you are legal in your residence state, you are legal no matter where you travel in the U.S.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon07 View Post
    In Georgia you need a non commercial cdl if truck and trailer gvwr is over 26,000.
    Respectfully disagree. The back of the Georgia class C driver’s license contains the answer. In short, CDL needed if combined GVWR is over 26,000 lbs UNLESS it’s an RV. RV is defined in the GA code as anything that can be driven, or towed, that can be used as temporary living quarters.

They do not make this easy to understand.
    2021 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW with Air Lift springs
    B&W Companion Slider
    2021 Solitude 375RES-R w/ disc brakes
    Formerly REI 6 man tent

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daltontrio View Post
    Respectfully disagree. The back of the Georgia class C driver’s license contains the answer. In short, CDL needed if combined GVWR is over 26,000 lbs UNLESS it’s an RV. RV is defined in the GA code as anything that can be driven, or towed, that can be used as temporary living quarters.

They do not make this easy to understand.
    I have a class EM for over 26,000 lbs. and motorcycles Just looked a my wife's and it said class C under 26,000 lbs. and trailer under 10,000lbs including all recreational vehicles. Unless they have changed the law in the last few years you need a non-commercial for over 26,000 lbs.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best response I've ever heard to this much-asked question. Here in Michigan, it is similar to TN. I don't need any special license or endorsement. Which means I can travel all over the US without needing anything else. But, I do have to check on any laws that could impact me such as overall length, etc.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a person was to go to their own state for a particular type of license and the office told you it's not necessary then the license they do give you would have to be good everywhere. People are not going to go to every state to get a license. I believe that would be illegal.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon07 View Post
    I have a class EM for over 26,000 lbs. and motorcycles Just looked a my wife's and it said class C under 26,000 lbs. and trailer under 10,000lbs including all recreational vehicles. Unless they have changed the law in the last few years you need a non-commercial for over 26,000 lbs.
    I believe you’re reading the back of the DL incorrectly.

This site has a good summary, but I wouldn’t reply on them for your sole source of legal advice. https://www.campanda.com/magazine/rv...-requirements/

You can also look to 2020 Georgia Code, Title 40 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic, Chapter 5 - Drivers' Licenses, Article 7 - Commercial Drivers' Licenses, § 40-5-142. Definitions. Specifically
    Paragraph 7C. Recreational Vehicles for personal use are exempted from CDL requirements. It is rather confusing, but researchable.
    2021 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW with Air Lift springs
    B&W Companion Slider
    2021 Solitude 375RES-R w/ disc brakes
    Formerly REI 6 man tent

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Most states that require a special license, require them if the GVWR of your tow vehicle, and the GVWR of the towed vehicle total more than 26,001 lbs. Missouri has that requirement, so does Texas and quite a few other states. It's your responsibility to know what license you are required to possess.

But it has nothing to do with how much you actually carry, or tow, but how much you can potentially carry, or tow. GVWR.
    Can you tell me where this is documented in the Missouri MVR or DL requirements?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast