User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    That picture shows 1/2" PEX, which would make the fitting on the water heater 1/2" male. The cap or fitting that screws onto the fitting would be 1/2" female (I think the PEX fitting will say FNPT or F NPSM).
    I did take my drain cap to Home Depot and it is indeed an inside diameter of 1/2”. I purchased a Female adapter, high pressure hose, and a brass shut-off valve. I’ll post pics when I get the time to put it all together.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got a new Imagine XLS 23LDE and had a leak on that cap. Was able to tighten it down with a wrench to stop the leak, but worried about reliability. I plan to get a spare. But I believe it is a machine thread not pipe thread, so the seal occurs at the end not along threads. Another thread mentioned using an oring, which sounded like a good fix to seal without overtightening. An end gasket suitable for the temperature might be good also.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran across these on Amazon:

RecPro RV Plumbing Hardware | 06860 | 1/2" Female End Cap Terminator | Drain Cap | Pex Pipe/Tubing Fittings (2 Fittings) https://a.co/d/fF5EGzf

Made out of Pex.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12