Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, now I'm confused. Why do you think the line behind the axles is a gray tank line? Are there no open/close valves in the Nuatilus compartment? I guess the only way to find out would be to put some water in the toilet in the garage and see where it comes out. The tank for our rear bathroom receives both water from the sink, and flushing material. The drain handle for the rear bathroom is behind the rear axle, but the front black/gray tank drain handles are in the Nautilus compartment.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawk8586 View Post
    Hmmmm. My 351 is a 23. I'm only seeing a black tank line in front of the axles and a gray tank line behind the axles. Both open/close valves are behind the axle toward the back of the rig. Appreciate all the help on this rather dark topic. All the cleaning tips very helpful for a newbie.
    Are any of those handles white? Could one be the freshwater drain valve? As said above, the entire bathroom should goto a single black tank with a single valve handle behind the axle. Unless of course it's a different design for 2023.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I'm not saying anyone should not use the black tank flush. It's a great addition to the trailer. I'm just wondering if it does any better job of keeping the tank clean than just filling an emptying the tank with fresh water (and maybe avoiding some of the mentioned issues)??

I've used the "Geo System" for treating my sewer tank for several years, and have found it to totally prevent odors. I'm thinking it also helps me keep my black tank pretty clean.
    X2.
    I use the Geo Method with Odorlos granular. I flush the Black Tank with the rinser and then fill up black and grey tank(s) with water and some Dawn Platinum dish soap. I let it sit for an hour or so and then drain the tanks. I find the Dawn helps with the tank sensors.

I don't know that I can do much more to keep tanks clean and odour free.
    Dave & Carol
    Eastern GTA, ON
    2022 Reflection 303RLS Fifth Wheel
    2017 GMC 2500 Crew Cab pick up (6.0 litre Gasser)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

black tank flush question

As far as blank tank flush, I have only used it twice on my current rig and as others noted, not seen any difference using it. Just have not had the need for it. Tank is clean. Use the geo method and have not had problems with sensors, odors or crud coming out.

Thanks,
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do both a partial tank fill and flush wand.
    After dumping I let the wand run for 5 min. with tank valve open.

Then I close the tank valve and put about 15 gallons in (I have a gallon counter on the hose)
    Then I shut the water off and open the tank again.

With full pressure on the 2nd hose from spigot it does not take long to add 15 gallons.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    I do both a partial tank fill and flush wand.
    After dumping I let the wand run for 5 min. with tank valve open.

Then I close the tank valve and put about 15 gallons in (I have a gallon counter on the hose)
    Then I shut the water off and open the tank again.

With full pressure on the 2nd hose from spigot it does not take long to add 15 gallons.
    I do the same except I keep doing it till the water runs clear when I open the valve. Usually takes 4 or 5 times. Gauge works then too.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    As far as blank tank flush, I have only used it twice on my current rig and as others noted, not seen any difference using it. Just have not had the need for it. Tank is clean. Use the geo method and have not had problems with sensors, odors or crud coming out.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Can top that...... Since we dry travel and primarily use CGs for the time being, we use the "CG toilet" method. It works perfectly for those nasty toiletries that create the sludge buildup that effects sensors and is hard to get all the "bulk" out. Still run a limited/condensed tank flush after each camp, and/or drain, which ever comes first. Also use a tank deodorizer too.

Infact we usually ask for a spot closest to a remote (not near any frequently visited bldgs, if possible) WC so as to just keep only liquids in the black tank. Works great... no sludge, no grudge.

This method also provides other benifits too like: water savings from hard to remove "bulk", low or non-existant waste valve or future PM issues, non-smelly sewage dumps (from our site), no unsightlly/nasty sewer hose and tank connections, and as a an added bonus - provides some well needed exercise to/from the WC. However, agree it can be challenging (at times) if you run into a line at the head, or, had some bad sushi the night before...

Note: After our first Jayco TT in the early '90s, and using it as "intended", we learned we didnt ever want to do "that" again. Been much happier and satisfied ever since....
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all, I'm new here. Just purchased a Grand design BHS367 in July 2022, and took it out for my first winter camp in October 2022. My issue is with the process used for the Black Tank Flush by a technician I had recently hired to help, as I don't know what I'm doing at all. I was greatly disappointed to read the Manual Later, which was also stated in this thread above by trailrydr , that retyped exactly what the manual states:

Sewer Tank Flusher Steps:
    1. Connecting the sewer hose and attaching a garden hose –
    not your fresh water hose – to the sewer tank inlet (see
    photo).
    2. Open the water supply to full pressure to flush tank.
    3. When the water runs clear from the sewer hose, shut off
    the water supply and disconnect the garden hose from the
    water source.

When the technician performed this part, he used my heated fresh water hose, which cost quite a bit. I asked if that was the method, and he said that these units are built with a safety feature that will prevent black water coming back out through the inlet, he said the there's a trap pipe that is at a much higher elevation than the black tank, to prevent the black water from coming back out and getting into my fresh water hose.

My question is does anyone else know this to be true, I'm afraid to continue to use my fresh water hose after this procedure was done.

Thank you,
    Florida

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is true that there is an anti siphon and a check valve to keep backflow from happening. IMO you expensive heated hose is fine. Give it a flush and all is well.

I have a bunch of valves and y connectors and a pressure reducer in my heated wet bay where I can route water to the black flush as needed from a single hose that supplies water for both city water and black flush. I’m careful to keep the pressure and flow such that the black flush water can never get back to
    The fresh. This in addition to the check valve which is in the black flush system. Plus, I allow for the black flush piping to drain out after a flush. I think this is a good idea to release pressure on the check valve and anti siphon valve.

This is so convenient and also safe provided the valves are used in proper sequence.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you FlyStar for that quick reply. From what you wrote, it seems you've reconfigured your system a bit to easily flush your black, and rely on both your own valves plus the system installed check valves. I'm not mechanical, so not quite sure how that works, but just happy to hear you are confident that there was no back fill of black water to my inlet.
    Just hate it when the manual says to use a different hose, but likely they are being extra cautious. Thank you for your feedback.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast