Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another way of looking at it is that the black tank is empty when you finish flushing it with the black tank flush, so there's really nothing that could be sucked up into your hose, even if the vacuum breaker didn't work. I use the same hose for both, not a big deal. Just like whether you wear gloves when draining the black tank and handling the sewer hose, some do and some don't. Personal preference.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cross contamination
    This is when you handle an item that You should not put in your mouth, and then handle something that should be kept clean. A lot of people do not even think about it, when they do it, yet it is a common method for bad things to end up where they should not.
    During the dumping process you will be handling items that you would not put in your mouth. Do not handle your fresh water hose while dumping. Be safe, Keep your family safe.

PS. I hate the Nautilus system for this reason. The waste valves are mounted where the fresh water controls and inlets are.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vacuum breaker in the black flush line is a required fitting because there is a real danger of contaminating the potable water system. A black tank when full can immerse the flush nozzle in waste. In that case, it is very possible to pull waste water back through the hose and into the park’s water system IF the vacuum breaker is defective or missing. Be safe! And unless you are certified as a plumber or have work experience in the potable water industry, which I do, please don’t advise people to do chancy things.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I used the black tank flush option for the first time. 40 lbs. of city water, discharge valve completely open. When applying pressure, I had water running down from the shower/toilet locations from above inside the storage compartment. After turning off the water supply, and checking systems during normal operation, I didn't detect any further leak issues.
    Is this normal?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the vacuum breaker for the black tank flush was leaking. Was the 40 lb. of pressure through a regulator or directly from the faucet? If possible try it with more pressure, but even if it works with more pressure it likely needs replacement. This is what it is: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Cash-Acm...RoCmSgQAvD_BwE
    Howard and Peggy

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Sounds like the vacuum breaker for the black tank flush was leaking. Was the 40 lb. of pressure through a regulator or directly from the faucet? If possible try it with more pressure, but even if it works with more pressure it likely needs replacement. This is what it is: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Cash-Acm...RoCmSgQAvD_BwE
    Agree. However wouldn't think that less pressure would cause it either? We've run ours with and without the pressure regulator on the hydrant.... maybe a clogged valve?
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always use a regulator. Can't be too safe!
    I'll take a look at the link and work on replacing the breaker. Novice question: how do you access the breaker?

Appreciate the help!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our old one would work with higher pressure, but would leak otherwise. That was the reason we replaced it. The breaker relies on water pressure to raise the gasket and seal the breaker. A poor seal may not raise enough to seal properly with lower pressure. It should, but sometimes the cheapies don't.
    Howard and Peggy

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMellard View Post
    I always use a regulator. Can't be too safe!
    I'll take a look at the link and work on replacing the breaker. Novice question: how do you access the breaker?

Appreciate the help!
    Not sure, but here is a thread on them...

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...vacuum-breaker
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would/could there typically be a limited amount of leakage until the unit seals under a higher pressure?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast