Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cell Booster

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llr2800 View Post
    There is no need to have the booster close to the TV. I did this as it was almost as far as I could get and easy to get the cable to it.

In a prior post I believe you said the T-Mobile would not allow the home Internet so be used on the road. Did you find more information on this?
    I talked to a Tech and he said that was BS. It could happen that I drop in priority and if I do to call and say I moved. So far it has been good.

Oh, would the internal antennae work if I had it in the pass-through?
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I talked to a Tech and he said that was BS. It could happen that I drop in priority and if I do to call and say I moved. So far it has been good.

Oh, would the internal antennae work if I had it in the pass-through?
    The internal booster/antennae should work anywhere. The closer it is to the T-Mobile device the better. The Wi-Fi from the T-Mobile device will be much stronger then the cell signal so in that case I would put both in the pass through.

If you need the booster for other devices too it may not be optimal but I believe many devices now support Wi-Fi calling so if yours do it should not be an issue.

I would be interested in hearing how the T-Mobile works over time and in what kind of locations. I used to hear about their poor coverage but lately most people seem satisfied. Not sure if either opinion is correct or maybe both are and T-Mobile made some major change.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llr2800 View Post
    The internal booster/antennae should work anywhere. The closer it is to the T-Mobile device the better. The Wi-Fi from the T-Mobile device will be much stronger then the cell signal so in that case I would put both in the pass through.

If you need the booster for other devices too it may not be optimal but I believe many devices now support Wi-Fi calling so if yours do it should not be an issue.

I would be interested in hearing how the T-Mobile works over time and in what kind of locations. I used to hear about their poor coverage but lately most people seem satisfied. Not sure if either opinion is correct or maybe both are and T-Mobile made some major change.
    Well they do not have tons of 5G towers up so that can be an issue. If I need the Internet for work we always look if there is coverage. It is just here I have to go outside to get any bars. But as they add more towers, more coverage.

That and I do not need blazing speeds, just connectivity.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 10 years ago, I complained that the phone coverage was poor at my home. Long story short, they sent me a free booster. The hitch is that I must return it if I cancel their service. I do not chase deals and prefer a good relationship vs short time discounts. I use their free booster in the 5th wheel and it does a pretty good job. Best of all it was free, except being a loyal T-Mobile customer for 20 years did cost something.

So you could try complaining about their coverage and maybe you can get a free booster.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    About 10 years ago, I complained that the phone coverage was poor at my home. Long story short, they sent me a free booster. The hitch is that I must return it if I cancel their service. I do not chase deals and prefer a good relationship vs short time discounts. I use their free booster in the 5th wheel and it does a pretty good job. Best of all it was free, except being a loyal T-Mobile customer for 20 years did cost something.

So you could try complaining about their coverage and maybe you can get a free booster.
    I got one from Verizon around the same time ago... when I received and began to hook it up, it required me to hook it up to my WIFI using my ISP. That was the first red flag.

Then, not only could I use it over my ISPs broadband connection, but other Verizon users could also use it within a certain range, not just me. What? Using my paid ISP to facilitate Verizon calls for me and others? 2nd red flag!

Sure would like to know how my ISP would have felt about a telecom using their cable service to facilitate non paying customers..... and were are not talking just about house guests either, but neighbors and passerbys......

And still probably charge data usage against the plan of those Verizon users using it too. 3rd red flag?

Of course..... they fail to mention any of this when they send it FREE, NO CHARGE to you. Sent it back to them and said NO THANKS! Put up more towers!

Now one could just set your phone to make WIFI calls over your LAN/ISP. Of course, thats not terribly cool either when paying for cell service. But in a pinch....
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is not that way. Just basic boosts the signal, no internet needed.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post

Same here and it worked like crap. They said to place it near a window and there was an app that would tell you best placement. Turns out that it was right next to my home internet device. So then I had two devices that got a crappy signal. It was more a repeater than a booster.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    There is so much new technology out there I thought I would open this up for discussion. We are not full time yet and are trying to do things on the cheap.

We have T-Mobile Home Internet. We are currently at a park where the signal is weak in the TT and stronger outside.

That being said, what inexpensive boosters are out there that I can throw up when we get to a park?
    Not cheap, but I have a We Boost Drive. It was pretty impressive on the North Rimlast year on it's maiden voyage. I just installed a 23" painters pole on the ladder, and attached the Drive antenna to it. I can now raise it higher than I think is stable in wind, but I doubt I will go to full extension much. Just raising it 6' should make it a lot better. We always boondock in remote locations.
    Last edited by huntindog; 09-13-2022 at 05:26 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Not cheap, but I have a We Boost Drive. It was pretty impressive on the North Rimlast year on it's maiden voyage. I just installed a 23" painters pole on the ladder, and attached the Drive antenna to it. I can now raise it higher than I think is stable in wind, but I doubt I will go to full extension much. Just raising it 6' should make it a lot better. We always boondock in remote locations.
    I am trying to go cheap because once I go full time I don't really care about connectivity. By then maybe Starlink will be better.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried one for $300.00 and sent it back the same day. Useless in worded situations. Maybe helpful with clear line of sight.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast