Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cell Booster

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cell Booster

There is so much new technology out there I thought I would open this up for discussion. We are not full time yet and are trying to do things on the cheap.

We have T-Mobile Home Internet. We are currently at a park where the signal is weak in the TT and stronger outside.

That being said, what inexpensive boosters are out there that I can throw up when we get to a park?
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it seems to work well for the price. I added a flagpole holder near the top of the ladder and have the outside antenna mounted on a 6' pole.

If you have no signal then nothing will help.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llr2800 View Post
    I purchased this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it seems to work well for the price. I added a flagpole holder near the top of the ladder and have the outside antenna mounted on a 6' pole.

If you have no signal then nothing will help.
    How did you manage the requirement for a 30 foot separation from the outside antenna to the booster unit?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    How did you manage the requirement for a 30 foot separation from the outside antenna to the booster unit?
    I don't but probably not too far off. The inside unit it in the bedroom near the TV mount, I use the 2nd coax to bring it inside. I also use this primarily for my hotspot so that phone stays on the valence so they are close together as the signal is still fairly week from the booster although the signal seems a little stronger through out the camper with the booster.

I have a Visible phone that I only use for a hotspot, this goes to my router which doesn't need to be too close to the phone.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't but probably not too far off. The inside unit it in the bedroom near the TV mount, I use the 2nd coax to bring it inside. I also use this primarily for my hotspot so that phone stays on the valence so they are close together as the signal is still fairly week from the booster although the signal seems a little stronger through out the camper with the booster.

I have a Visible phone that I only use for a hotspot, this goes to my router which doesn't need to be too close to the phone.
    Let me see if I understand you, you attach the coax cable from the external antenna to one of the coax connections in the pass-through, and then attach the booster unit to the inside coax connector? That anticipates my second question, how do you get the cable in? A pretty ingenious approach!
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Let me see if I understand you, you attach the coax cable from the external antenna to one of the coax connections in the pass-through, and then attach the booster unit to the inside coax connector? That anticipates my second question, how do you get the cable in? A pretty ingenious approach!
    Correct, I was planning on running a new cable but thought it was worth a try. The labeling of the connecters was not accurate and took a few tries to get it to work. I may try a direct cable sometime just to see if it helps, when working with weak signals if connecter loss can make a difference.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not read the 30ft thing but if it is a thing I can't do it. Besides it doesn't say it boosts 5G which is a must.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I did not read the 30ft thing but if it is a thing I can't do it. Besides it doesn't say it boosts 5G which is a must.
    I am not at 30' either, your trailer is shorter but if you can get the base all the way in front the ladder to base distance should be about the same as I am using.

Curious, why is 5G a must? 5G varies a lot depending on who is claiming it and unless you are in a city I doubt if you have the original 5G as it was intentionally very short range needing a lot of cell sites.

I believe most 5G is more like 4G+ as it is tweaks to 4G. I don't try to keep up to date on all the phones but I highly doubt if any "5G " devices won't work just fine on 4G too.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not at 30' either, your trailer is shorter but if you can get the base all the way in front the ladder to base distance should be about the same as I am using.

Curious, why is 5G a must? 5G varies a lot depending on who is claiming it and unless you are in a city I doubt if you have the original 5G as it was intentionally very short range needing a lot of cell sites.

I believe most 5G is more like 4G+ as it is tweaks to 4G. I don't try to keep up to date on all the phones but I highly doubt if any "5G " devices won't work just fine on 4G too.
    Because I have T-Mobile Home Internet and it will only work with 5G. But I did read that it does boost it.

Ok, on to the 30ft thing. I would attach to ladder but the TV is towards the back of the RV so it may be 15ft since I will get a longer pole.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    Because I have T-Mobile Home Internet and it will only work with 5G. But I did read that it does boost it.

Ok, on to the 30ft thing. I would attach to ladder but the TV is towards the back of the RV so it may be 15ft since I will get a longer pole.
    There is no need to have the booster close to the TV. I did this as it was almost as far as I could get and easy to get the cable to it.

In a prior post I believe you said the T-Mobile would not allow the home Internet so be used on the road. Did you find more information on this?
    2021 Imagine 2800BH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast