User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cell Booster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased a WeBoost, anticipating much boondocking. We ended up not doing much of that, and I am surprised how much better celluar reception gets every year. It wasn’t nearly as important to have a boosted signal as I thought. As long as I can get/receive a text message, I am fine.
    Matt
    2021 Momentum 376THS FW
    2020 Ram 3500 HO Cummins DRW LB
    B&W Companion 25K Splendide Washer and Dryer Separate DV6400X

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest getting StarLink RV you can then switch to internet phone on your device and you also have internet where ever you go. We have it and love it.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClowcColorado View Post
    I suggest getting StarLink RV you can then switch to internet phone on your device and you also have internet where ever you go. We have it and love it.
    Problems with starlunk are coverage in the east is poor, you need a clear view of the sky for best coverage, any obstruction (trees, tall buildings or RV can reduce your view of the sky), expense to set up and monthly charges for low priority service. And Starlunk customer support is very, very poor. Check out online complaints about 3-6 month (and longer) waits for replacement equipment (cables, etc) and the reports of people paying for new equipment only to be shipped damaged, returned (with return RMA tags still in the box ) without customer non-service helping them out.

ClowColorado- you are out west where starlunk has set up for their best coverage. The east coast is pretty hit and miss. A neighbor tried starlunk (with a 140 degree view of the sky) and had poorer service than when using cellular. Depends on where you are, how much open sky, and how long you want to wait for customer support to provide you with support. (Check out customer complaints online and youtube)

I admit I'm not a starlunk fan, especially after doing deep research into starlunk. I've gone with a celluar router knowing the issues with that type of system. Starlunk is not the miricle everyone hopes it would be, just another tool in the toolbox for those who understand the limitations and issue with it, the lack of customer support and the fact the costs involved will problably keep going up.

And now Putin says private communications satellite systems (namely starlunk) are now fair game for destruction due to their support of and supplying equipment to Ukraine.
    Last edited by more tired since retired; 09-18-2022 at 09:21 AM.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    Problems with starlunk are coverage in the east is poor, you need a clear view of the sky for best coverage, any obstruction (trees, tall buildings or RV can reduce your view of the sky), expense to set up and monthly charges for low priority service. And Starlunk customer support is very, very poor. Check out online complaints about 3-6 month (and longer) waits for replacement equipment (cables, etc) and the reports of people paying for new equipment only to be shipped damaged, returned (with return RMA tags still in the box ) without customer non-service helping them out.

ClowColorado- you are out west where starlunk has set up for their best coverage. The east coast is pretty hit and miss. A neighbor tried starlunk (with a 140 degree view of the sky) and had poorer service than when using cellular. Depends on where you are, how much open sky, and how long you want to wait for customer support to provide you with support. (Check out customer complaints online and youtube)

I admit I'm not a starlunk fan, especially after doing deep research into starlunk. I've gone with a celluar router knowing the issues with that type of system. Starlunk is not the miricle everyone hopes it would be, just another tool in the toolbox for those who understand the limitations and issue with it, the lack of customer support and the fact the costs involved will problably keep going up.

And now Putin says private communications satellite systems (namely starlunk) are now fair game for destruction due to their support of and supplying equipment to Ukraine.
    What I have researched is exactly what you said. If I used it in my home in Upstate NY chances are I would not connect or if would be VERY slow. I still think it is a bit too soon.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    What I have researched is exactly what you said. If I used it in my home in Upstate NY chances are I would not connect or if would be VERY slow. I still think it is a bit too soon.
    i suggest you check out mobilemusthave.com. They can help you with cellular routers and antennas. Another site is MobileInternetinfo.com. They are a great source for all mobile (RV, boat, etc) internet.
    Last edited by more tired since retired; 09-21-2022 at 09:47 PM. Reason: correct web site address
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123