User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
    Not sure why people keep screwing around with these things. with consent problems and issues, Ridiculous attempted fixes and failures. Tear it out and put in an electric one and forget about it in any temperature. I did and never looked back. The new ones even run off 12 volt. And they won`t burn up your camper.
    I'm inclined to agree with you as these fridges are JUNK IMO. I'll probably do as you did in the future but time constraints prohibit the move right now.

Probably will replace the cooling unit with the 12v unit from JR. Lots of satisfied customers.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a week of playing around with our fridge and moving the thermistor to the correct location (2nd fin 1/3 from top) I'm able to run it on setting 5 now with fridge at 34 and freezer at 16 degrees.

I removed the thermistor from the fin and let it hang and I got the freezer down to 8 degrees, but the fridge was 25 degrees and freezing everything. Temps seem relative to each other since there is no set temp for freezer or fridge, it's 1 unit. Makes sense. Just hoping for better.

So we will live with how it is, it works and keeps our stuff cold and at temp in the fridge ranging from 32-40. Just wish the freezer would get below 10.

I was looking at the JC Refrigeration conversion kits and really interested in that, so I may convert it to 12v dual compressor. Lots of happy reviews and results from those units.
    Last edited by zhazell; 09-27-2022 at 01:08 PM.
    Zachary & Lauren
    Sacramento, CA
    2017 GMC Sierra 3500HD DRW 6.6 LB 4x4
    2017 Solitude 377MBS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456