User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post
    Wow! This morning the fridge was down to 30 and the water in the cup was frozen. I've got a new thermistor coming today so I'll see what that does.
    Look in your manual for where the temp probe should be sitting. Sounds like it is working great. Instead of a new probe have you changed/adjusted the settings?

I would also load it up (water jugs) and see how it does.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. It does work great in the morning when it's cool outside. Then it starts warming up later in the day.

Yesterday when it warmed up to about 85 outside the fridge also warmed up to over 40, the freezer warmed up a lot too.

BTW I've got it set to 9.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. It does work great in the morning when it's cool outside. Then it starts warming up later in the day.

Yesterday when it warmed up to about 85 outside the fridge also warmed up to over 40, the freezer warmed up a lot too.

BTW I've got it set to 9.
    Have you check the outside vent to make sure they are clean and that the upper baffle is still in place. Do you hear the outside cooling fans come on. If not there is a fuse near the control module and a second inside the control module that control the stock fans I am assuming it is vented to the outside as it is in the slide.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went out and checked and the outside fans are NOT running.

Possible fuse issue? I'm going to pull the manual out and track down where the power/fuse for the fans are located; unless someone can tell me.
    Last edited by Ron3rd; 09-16-2022 at 04:50 PM.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible fuse issue? I'm going to pull the manual out and track down where the power/fuse for the fans are located; unless someone can tell me.
    First thing I would do is with the refrigerator on (gas or electric make no difference for this) jumper the thermal switch (which controls the fans) (item C in the schematic between my points AA and AB) located on the left side of the condenser(?). It is under the outside top vent cover on the left side of the black finned radiator (condenser - not sure that is the correct name). If the fans turn on, they are good, and your problem is (partially) the thermal switch. Common problem for them to come on at to high of a temperature.

For the Norcold 2118, from our owners manual, there are only 2 fuses (possibly 3 with optional "winter" heater - which ours has). The two fuses are located on the control board access from the outside, lower vent cover. One is a glass fuse for the 120v AC side. the other is an ATC/ATO (automotive) blade type fuse for the 12V DC. Be careful. There is live 120v AC on that board when your trailer is plugged in or running on generator or inverter.

Ignore my chicken scratchings. I added to additional external fans.

Picture of control board with cover removed. The 5A ATC fuse is on the right edge of the board. Circled in yellow in the picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0492.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	43068

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try to add schematic in separate post (to long for first)

I cannot seem to add the schematic. Please check your owner's manual or google "Norcold 2118 schematic".

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 09-16-2022 at 08:10 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice info Chris. That’s where I’ll head tomorrow. I’m pretty sure it’s a fuse issue because all 3 fans stopped working. The non working fans explains all the symptoms I described.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The factory fans are junk. Both of my upper fans failed. I replaced them with quality units, waterproof with a 50,000 hour rating. About $20.00 each.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fuse blowing is the first symptom of failng fans. That is what mine did. It will blow somtimes when one fan fails. When they both fail, it will blow all the time.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    First thing I would do is with the refrigerator on (gas or electric make no difference for this) jumper the thermal switch (which controls the fans) (item C in the schematic between my points AA and AB) located on the left side of the condenser(?). It is under the outside top vent cover on the left side of the black finned radiator (condenser - not sure that is the correct name). If the fans turn on, they are good, and your problem is (partially) the thermal switch. Common problem for them to come on at to high of a temperature.

For the Norcold 2118, from our owners manual, there are only 2 fuses (possibly 3 with optional "winter" heater - which ours has). The two fuses are located on the control board access from the outside, lower vent cover. One is a glass fuse for the 120v AC side. the other is an ATC/ATO (automotive) blade type fuse for the 12V DC. Be careful. There is live 120v AC on that board when your trailer is plugged in or running on generator or inverter.

Ignore my chicken scratchings. I added to additional external fans.

Picture of control board with cover removed. The 5A ATC fuse is on the right edge of the board. Circled in yellow in the picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0492.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	43068

Chris
    Awesome info Chris. I'll take the cover off and check.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast